Ielts indicator is the biggest scam ever

Watch
oscarfan123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
TL;DR: Ielts Indicator's CS is a joke, rude customer service, no direct phone line, refund form doesn't work

My friend needed her IELTS score quite urgently as the uni she's applying (aboard) moved their application window early. Everything was normal until the speaking test (a day before the ACTUAL exams). She logged in the Zoom link attached in the IELTS email as normal 15 minutes before exam starts and BOOM, half an hour of waiting in the lobby and no sign of anyone allowing her into the meeting room. The next day during the actual exam in the morning, when the listening test starts, everything was, again, normal. Until the audio stopped midway through the test, and my friend was panicking hard.

I tried to talk with the online customer service chat, and they just keep repeating the same thing over and over (the only possible solution is to refund or change test day (two weeks later), we don't give a **** about your uni and stuff). One of the staff even close the chat while I was trying to gain a contact number to the manager (sorry for being a Karen but I was frustrated)

So no solution was reached and uni deadline passed and thanks to the great customer service, my friend can't get into that uni.

The story doesn't end here though.

Two weeks later, she booked in for another test, this time the speaking was smooth and sound, but the listening test again stopped midway as the audio suddenly stopped after a few seconds.

This time I didn't even bother trying to argue with the indicator staff over text, but I called British Council themselves (IELTS indicator doesn't have a phoneline what a joke). They say they can't contact IELTS indicator either as they are in a "different system'.

After all this time, we have already given up and seems like the only option is to follow the instruction given to us over and over again: requesting a refund through the indicator website

HERE COMES THE BIGGEST JOKE

The ****ing submit button doesn't work

And I checked that the submit button for other forms (test date transfer), which works (when i try to submit form blank, it says there is an error). The button doesn't do anything even when I try to submit the form blank, so basically useless.

Thanks for reading till here and I hope you won't fall into the same trap as me
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by oscarfan123)
TL;DR: Ielts Indicator's CS is a joke, rude customer service, no direct phone line, refund form doesn't work

My friend needed her IELTS score quite urgently as the uni she's applying (aboard) moved their application window early. Everything was normal until the speaking test (a day before the ACTUAL exams). She logged in the Zoom link attached in the IELTS email as normal 15 minutes before exam starts and BOOM, half an hour of waiting in the lobby and no sign of anyone allowing her into the meeting room. The next day during the actual exam in the morning, when the listening test starts, everything was, again, normal. Until the audio stopped midway through the test, and my friend was panicking hard.

I tried to talk with the online customer service chat, and they just keep repeating the same thing over and over (the only possible solution is to refund or change test day (two weeks later), we don't give a **** about your uni and stuff). One of the staff even close the chat while I was trying to gain a contact number to the manager (sorry for being a Karen but I was frustrated)

So no solution was reached and uni deadline passed and thanks to the great customer service, my friend can't get into that uni.

The story doesn't end here though.

Two weeks later, she booked in for another test, this time the speaking was smooth and sound, but the listening test again stopped midway as the audio suddenly stopped after a few seconds.

This time I didn't even bother trying to argue with the indicator staff over text, but I called British Council themselves (IELTS indicator doesn't have a phoneline what a joke). They say they can't contact IELTS indicator either as they are in a "different system'.

After all this time, we have already given up and seems like the only option is to follow the instruction given to us over and over again: requesting a refund through the indicator website

HERE COMES THE BIGGEST JOKE

The ****ing submit button doesn't work

And I checked that the submit button for other forms (test date transfer), which works (when i try to submit form blank, it says there is an error). The button doesn't do anything even when I try to submit the form blank, so basically useless.

Thanks for reading till here and I hope you won't fall into the same trap as me
Was this for you or your friend?
If they have moved the application date early then why does that matter? Normally they only ask you to have passed before you start the course and not at the time of application? Leave it to others to sort you out.
oscarfan123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Was this for you or your friend?
If they have moved the application date early then why does that matter? Normally they only ask you to have passed before you start the course and not at the time of application? Leave it to others to sort you out.
Needed it at the time of application
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (90)
28.13%
No - I have already returned home (42)
13.13%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (61)
19.06%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (32)
10%
No - I live at home during term anyway (95)
29.69%

Watched Threads