The Student Room Group

Is it norma to date a guy, just for the sake of eating

Like not being romantically interested but just getting a nice meal out of it, say £25 per meal

Scroll to see replies

??
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
??

Why the question marks
So you’re dating him so he pays for you or?
Wtf
Reply 5
No, of course not. That’s not ‘dating’. That’s taking advantage of someone who’s wanting to spend time with you and you letting them pay.
Like not being romantically interested but just getting a nice meal out of it, say £25 per meal

Yeah, not Normal at all. Pretty horrible thing to do to be honest.
Reply 7
So you’re dating him so he pays for you or?

Of course he pays for me, but it’s a lot common now for a woman to do that, obviously it’s not nice but both are enjoying a nice meal together and chatting.
Reply 8
It's normal if you consider using someone for their time and leading them on to get a free meal the norm.

I for one think that's pretty disgusting
Of course he pays for me, but it’s a lot common now for a woman to do that, obviously it’s not nice but both are enjoying a nice meal together and chatting.

He's paying because he is being a gentlemen because he wants to be romantically involved and your using him. Imagine if someone was doing that to you
This is narcissistic emotional-prostitution and gold digging in a lesser form if you aren't a troll.
No that's not normal.
Reply 12
No. Thats what you call using someone and its a pretty ****y thing to do.
It depends, I would say that some guys may be ok it if they deem that the satisfaction they get from going out with an attractive woman is effectively worth the cost of a £25 dinner. Having said that, this is not such a commonly held opinion, and most individuals and general public morality would not subscribe to such way of thinking.
You should pay for your own food half the bill
It depends, I would say that some guys may be ok it if they deem that the satisfaction they get from going out with an attractive woman is effectively worth the cost of a £25 dinner. Having said that, this is not such a commonly held opinion, and most individuals and general public morality would not subscribe to such way of thinking.

CORRECTION: I misread the original post. No, it is not acceptable behaviour and I do not encourage it.
It depends, I would say that some guys may be ok it if they deem that the satisfaction they get from going out with an attractive woman is effectively worth the cost of a £25 dinner.

In my experience this is true that guys won't mind paying bc of the satisfaction of being on a date with an attractive woman BUT it's only ok if you had a somewhat intention of carrying on seeing him, before the date.

What I mean is, if you decide it's not working and you don't want to continue dating this guy, he's not gonna be too upset that he payed for your meals if you let him down gently and tactfully/nicely, bc he had a nice time with you and it made him feel pretty good buying a meal for an attractive gal. But if you're going into dates KNOWING beforehand that you're not gonna see him again, just for the free food, then that's definitely crossing an ethical line.
In my experience this is true that guys won't mind paying bc of the satisfaction of being on a date with an attractive woman BUT it's only ok if you had a somewhat intention of carrying on seeing him, before the date.

What I mean is, if you decide it's not working and you don't want to continue dating this guy, he's not gonna be too upset that he payed for your meals if you let him down gently and tactfully/nicely, bc he had a nice time with you and it made him feel pretty good buying a meal for an attractive gal. But if you're going into dates KNOWING beforehand that you're not gonna see him again, just for the free food, then that's definitely crossing an ethical line.

It happens a lot.
It happens a lot.

you mean it happens a lot that girls only go on dates for the free meals? that's gross and sad :frown: i would feel so sh*tty for doing that to someone

I made a correction to such post you refer to, I misread the nature of the original thread. I do not support or encourage the position described int eh mistaken post previously made and corrected

It happens a lot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending