Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My predicted grades are
A sociology
B psychology
B English language

What are the chances of getting offers from these universities?

Uni of Nottingham - AAB
Nottingham Trent - ABB
Reading - ABB
Bournemouth - BBC-BBB
Brighton - BCC-BBB
(Applying for Bsc Psychology in all)

I would love to go to university of Nottingham but it’s a Russel group uni and I’m only predicted ABB. Does this mean they’re just going to reject my application straight away?

Please comment your opinions!! X
Sarvienn
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Before applying to Nottingham, ring them to ask if they'll consider those with predicted grades below the requirements. If yes, then with a good personal statement, I'd say there's a very good chance you'll be able to get an offer from all of them.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Af762014)
My predicted grades are
A sociology
B psychology
B English language

Uni of Nottingham - AAB
Nottingham Trent - ABB
Reading - ABB
Bournemouth - BBC-BBB
Brighton - BCC-BBB

I would love to go to university of Nottingham but it’s a Russel group uni and I’m only predicted ABB. Does this mean they’re just going to reject my application straight away?

I feel like if anything you have possibly played it a bit too safe and would switch Brighton for Sussex unless you actually prefer Brighton uni of course.
You may well get an offer from Nottingham but it will be at AAB unless you qualify for a contextual offer
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
For Psychology - make sure the course is accredited by BPS ( https://www.bps.org.uk/public/become...edited-courses) if you want to eventually do professional work in that field.

Those choices look very sensible btw.
maisiex10x
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Looks a good range of options. What about Liverpool, that Russell group and think only wants ABB. Ring Nottingham to see what they say, if they say you will be rejected automatically than swap to something else. Unless you want to I don't think you need Brighton/Bournemouth, just choose one as they want the same grades! Best of luck
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Af762014)
My predicted grades are
A sociology
B psychology
B English language

Uni of Nottingham - AAB
Nottingham Trent - ABB
Reading - ABB
Bournemouth - BBC-BBB
Brighton - BCC-BBB

Getting offers, id imagine you should get offers from most perhaps all.
Getting accepted will depend on what you achieve in August. I doubt Nottingham would just auto reject you but it is worth noting the average student for this course does achieve AAB as such their may not be much flexibility if you miss an offer.

The fact Nottingham is a Russel Group in & of itself doesnt mean a lot regarding admissions but Nottingham is typically more competitive then the other unis you've listed. Its a case of correlation & not causation as to the fact RG unis are more competitive.
Last edited by mnot; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (715)
33.89%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (903)
42.8%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (399)
18.91%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.41%

Watched Threads