When should I start revising for my A Levels?

Watch
chloenix
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Any tips about this?
Hellohsjakodsmka
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
:bump: :innocent:
laurawatt
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You in Y12 or Y13?
chloenix
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hellohsjakodsmka)
:bump: :innocent:
Gracias
(Original post by laurawatt)
You in Y12 or Y13?
I'm in Year 13!
Interea
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by chloenix)
Gracias

I'm in Year 13!
There's no real point starting on the intense memorisation yet - at this point you want to be strengthening your understanding and creating resources to help you revise easier later in the year. Starting around now preparing resources will really take the pressure off later on, as you've got plenty of time to get through everything
chloenix
Rep:
?
(Original post by Interea)
There's no real point starting on the intense memorisation yet - at this point you want to be strengthening your understanding and creating resources to help you revise easier later in the year. Starting around now preparing resources will really take the pressure off later on, as you've got plenty of time to get through everything
That's great advice thanks! I made quite a few resources over the summer but as I go along each new Y13 topic I'll keep making them
laurawatt
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Gracias

I'm in Year 13!
Ahh same! I don’t really know tbh, we’ve just had mocks on the Y12 content so I’ve revised that and we have another set for Y12 and Y13 work in February, so I’ll be working towards them :dontknow:
Interea
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That's great advice thanks! I made quite a few resources over the summer but as I go along each new Y13 topic I'll keep making them
Good plan, I didn't properly start making stuff until about April and ended up literally finishing making summary resources the night before some of my exams, so maybe don't follow my example :lol:
chloenix
Rep:
?
(Original post by laurawatt)
Ahh same! I don’t really know tbh, we’ve just had mocks on the Y12 content so I’ve revised that and we have another set for Y12 and Y13 work in February, so I’ll be working towards them :dontknow:
Oh yeah same we just had mocks and we've got another set of mocks in December!
I think what I'll do is revise for my December mocks then give myself a 'break' between December and February (although I'll continue to make resources as I go along) and then come February I'll start going through all the topics one by one and revising and doing practice questions etc. Hopefully it'll work out! :/
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I revised pretty much from the beginning, slowly throughout the whole year in small chunks and then in bigger chunks whenever I had exams.
chloenix
Rep:
?
(Original post by Interea)
Good plan, I didn't properly start making stuff until about April and ended up literally finishing making summary resources the night before some of my exams, so maybe don't follow my example :lol:
Oh wow that's a risky game you played:cool:
chloenix
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mesopotamian.)
I revised pretty much from the beginning, slowly throughout the whole year in small chunks and then in bigger chunks whenever I had exams.
Thank you! Yeah I think I'm going to keep on revising topics when I have free time every now and again and then start more intensely around exam periods.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (130)
28.51%
No - I have already returned home (62)
13.6%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (89)
19.52%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (42)
9.21%
No - I live at home during term anyway (133)
29.17%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed