Do i need to have memorised gcse content for a-levels/bmat?

Watch
Study6076
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I am in year 12 and was wondering whether i should go over the GCSE content before my mocks as we didn't get to do revision/exams, therefore I don't remember a lot?

Also for the BMAT apparently you need to know all the GCSE content for maths and science from all the exam boards, if this is the case should I be reviewing the GCSE content throughout Year 12 and could anyone give met tips or a manageable system?
exols
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Study6076)
So I am in year 12 and was wondering whether i should go over the GCSE content before my mocks as we didn't get to do revision/exams, therefore I don't remember a lot?

Also for the BMAT apparently you need to know all the GCSE content for maths and science from all the exam boards, if this is the case should I be reviewing the GCSE content throughout Year 12 and could anyone give met tips or a manageable system?
for the bmat, as i'm doing it now, i'd suggest reviewing it in the summer after year 12
Study6076
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by exols)
for the bmat, as i'm doing it now, i'd suggest reviewing it in the summer after year 12
is that enough time, as I am also planning to go on Holiday for 3 weeks ( I can revise for an hour or two on holiday I don't mind) but had you not forgotten verything e.g. physics and you need to know all the content from all the exam boards, am I right?
exols
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Study6076)
is that enough time, as I am also planning to go on Holiday for 3 weeks ( I can revise for an hour or two on holiday I don't mind) but had you not forgotten verything e.g. physics and you need to know all the content from all the exam boards, am I right?
it is definitely enough time. i myself only started revising all the gcse content this month lol (a big mistake) but just a couple of months before the exam is enough time. it also doesn't include the entire gcse specification, just bits of it. so look at the actual bmat spec to see what u need to know
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (61)
27.6%
No - I have already returned home (25)
11.31%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (50)
22.62%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (21)
9.5%
No - I live at home during term anyway (64)
28.96%

Watched Threads