how easy is it to date a white guy in the UK?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
im an east asian female (chinese) & though i've dated a myriad of different races at my international school (which isn't in the UK), i've got a preference for British guys. i'm most likely going to university in the UK next year and was wondering how hard it would be to find a white guy who'd be willing to date me, given the whole stigma against Chinese people atm?
ChickenMadness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
86% of people in the UK are white so probably quite easy lol. They're everywhere.

I think racism is hyped up by the media and the internet, it's not that common in real life imo.
Last edited by ChickenMadness; 1 month ago
Joinedup
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You see Chinese / White British couples fairly often in places like Liverpool and Manchester (and probably in other cities I don't go to as often)... might be British born Chinese people for all I know but I wouldn't have thought there'd be much of a problem really if you're used to getting on with people from around the world.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
im an east asian female (chinese) & though i've dated a myriad of different races at my international school (which isn't in the UK), i've got a preference for British guys. i'm most likely going to university in the UK next year and was wondering how hard it would be to find a white guy who'd be willing to date me, given the whole stigma against Chinese people atm?
Most white guys have fetishes/preferences for Asian girls, you will be fine.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
thank you for all of your replies & for being so helpful and non-judgemental <3
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

why you east asian girls always so thirsty for white 🐓?

Why no love for the BBC and i'm not talking about British Born Chinese...
gtty123
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ANM775)

Oh, you mean Big Baffled Crackheads? Yeah, they're good for females.
Taz554:-)
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Generally there is a rise in white men interested in east asian women, so there is deffo someone that thinks of you as their type. dw ab it x
ChickenMadness
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

No one likes the British Broadcasting Corporation. They make us pay for TV licenses even if we don't watch them.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ChickenMadness)
I think racism is hyped up by the media and the internet, it's not that common in real life imo.
Are you white?
ChickenMadness
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are you white?
I'm half Asian and half white.
confuzzledteen
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Lol running joke where I'm from that Asian girls always go for White guys (and vice versa) as Wasian babies are cute af
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have gone for a walk as I do each day and have done throughout the Covid 19 pandemic. On today's walk I passed two couples, one with a small baby, who were a woman of Chinese heritage and a white man. So unless Barnet is unusual, it is possible.
ForestShadow
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I imagine there are regional differences too, for example Newcastle in the North has a large Chinese demographic and more exposure to Chinese culture generally
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ForestShadow)
I imagine there are regional differences too, for example Newcastle in the North has a large Chinese demographic and more exposure to Chinese culture generally
I wouldn't say I had more exposure to Chinese culture when I lived in Newcastle than when I lived in other places. Yes, Chinese shops and restaurants are easier to find because of Chinatown but if you don't go there, your exposure to Chinese culture is pretty minimal.
DR.DOOM
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
OP PM me, I'm basically white. We can talk about Cao Mengde, Lao Tzu, Sun Tzu, the three kingdoms, Yunchang and Confucianism
ForestShadow
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I wouldn't say I had more exposure to Chinese culture when I lived in Newcastle than when I lived in other places. Yes, Chinese shops and restaurants are easier to find because of Chinatown but if you don't go there, your exposure to Chinese culture is pretty minimal.
I'm probably biased though since Im chinese myself :lol: fair enough
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (707)
33.91%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (891)
42.73%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (394)
18.9%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.46%

Watched Threads