The Student Room Group

Moving to Uni with my girlfriend

Basically both me and my girlfriend are going to Edinburgh University. I’ve been accepted and in my gap year working abroad now and she’s doing her A levels next Summer. We want to live with each other but want to have the best Uni experience possible. What would our options be and what you you recommend;
We could live at our own Studio flat with just us
We could live in different halls near other (neither of us too keen on this)
We could live in same halls (is this likely to happen though? Not sure if she could choose her halls and might just get allocated to one)
Could maybe live together in private halls? Some offer this at their own discretion if we lived in Studio.
We could live in private flat with other rooms and hope other people are in same situation/want to stay in a room their...
Probably missed a few options off...
We’re both really outgoing and will try make loads of effort to get the most out of freshers and uni experience.
Also can a student’s maintenance loan be used to pay for private accommodation?

Any advice would be great (no matter how cynical it is 😂)
Original post by Maxalcock
Basically both me and my girlfriend are going to Edinburgh University. I’ve been accepted and in my gap year working abroad now and she’s doing her A levels next Summer. We want to live with each other but want to have the best Uni experience possible. What would our options be and what you you recommend;
We could live at our own Studio flat with just us
We could live in different halls near other (neither of us too keen on this)
We could live in same halls (is this likely to happen though? Not sure if she could choose her halls and might just get allocated to one)
Could maybe live together in private halls? Some offer this at their own discretion if we lived in Studio.
We could live in private flat with other rooms and hope other people are in same situation/want to stay in a room their...
Probably missed a few options off...
We’re both really outgoing and will try make loads of effort to get the most out of freshers and uni experience.
Also can a student’s maintenance loan be used to pay for private accommodation?

Any advice would be great (no matter how cynical it is 😂)

Im not gonna lie those are all viable options BUT what is your income like cos itll take a lot to maintain

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending