Moving to Uni with my girlfriend

Watch
Maxalcock
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Basically both me and my girlfriend are going to Edinburgh University. I’ve been accepted and in my gap year working abroad now and she’s doing her A levels next Summer. We want to live with each other but want to have the best Uni experience possible. What would our options be and what you you recommend;
We could live at our own Studio flat with just us
We could live in different halls near other (neither of us too keen on this)
We could live in same halls (is this likely to happen though? Not sure if she could choose her halls and might just get allocated to one)
Could maybe live together in private halls? Some offer this at their own discretion if we lived in Studio.
We could live in private flat with other rooms and hope other people are in same situation/want to stay in a room their...
Probably missed a few options off...
We’re both really outgoing and will try make loads of effort to get the most out of freshers and uni experience.
Also can a student’s maintenance loan be used to pay for private accommodation?

Any advice would be great (no matter how cynical it is 😂)
tbi_zlx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Maxalcock)
Basically both me and my girlfriend are going to Edinburgh University. I’ve been accepted and in my gap year working abroad now and she’s doing her A levels next Summer. We want to live with each other but want to have the best Uni experience possible. What would our options be and what you you recommend;
We could live at our own Studio flat with just us
We could live in different halls near other (neither of us too keen on this)
We could live in same halls (is this likely to happen though? Not sure if she could choose her halls and might just get allocated to one)
Could maybe live together in private halls? Some offer this at their own discretion if we lived in Studio.
We could live in private flat with other rooms and hope other people are in same situation/want to stay in a room their...
Probably missed a few options off...
We’re both really outgoing and will try make loads of effort to get the most out of freshers and uni experience.
Also can a student’s maintenance loan be used to pay for private accommodation?

Any advice would be great (no matter how cynical it is 😂)
Im not gonna lie those are all viable options BUT what is your income like cos itll take a lot to maintain
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (594)
33.96%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (728)
41.62%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (348)
19.9%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.52%

Watched Threads