Jsam791
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Can someone help me to get a lot of marks in section b for paper 1 &2. Any techniques or structure?
Gracetoameh
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
This question always ask you to describe a picture/ write a story/ write an article/ leaflet/ etc.
So my advice would be do as many past papers as you can and ask you teacher to mark them very strictly. You can also ask your teacher to make up questions for you to answer.
Use the CGP guides, they are very good.
Use Mr Pruff (youtube)
Read a lot of books/ short stories/ newspaper articles/ leaflets/speeches etc. you can 'steal' a couple of good sentences and put them in your answer (but don't choose famous quotes e.g from romeo a juliet lol)
Also prepare some good sentences with great techniques (like contrast/ metaphors/oxymoron, etc.) to use in the exam.
If you are writing a story then use an extended oxymoron as these kind of techniques get you top grades
Jsam791
Rep:
?
Thanks and what would I have to do get at least a grade 4 for the exam overall my exam is in 1 week
deadroseex
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Jsam791)
Thanks and what would I have to do get at least a grade 4 for the exam overall my exam is in 1 week
Why are you aiming for a grade 4. Just curious! x
Gracetoameh
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Jsam791)
Oh getting a 4 is easy (my friend literally wrote like 5 sentences for the story and ended up with a 5, so I guess it's easy to get a 4/5 but harder to get 6+ because you need to include very sophisticated vocab and be critical)
So just make sure you know what each question is asking for and try to use some good techniques like contrast etc.
Jsam791
Rep:
?
(Original post by deadroseex)
Why are you aiming for a grade 4. Just curious! x
I just want to pass and get this over with I've been resitting since last year.
Jsam791
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gracetoameh)
Oh getting a 4 is easy (my friend literally wrote like 5 sentences for the story and ended up with a 5, so I guess it's easy to get a 4/5 but harder to get 6+ because you need to include very sophisticated vocab and be critical)
So just make sure you know what each question is asking for and try to use some good techniques like contrast etc.
I've been struggling to get a grade 4 for a while 😔
pgeissler
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
This question always ask you to describe a picture/ write a story/ write an article/ leaflet/ etc.
So my advice would be do as many past papers as you can and ask you teacher to mark them very strictly. You can also ask your teacher to make up questions for you to answer.
Use the CGP guides, they are very good.
Use Mr Pruff (youtube)
Read a lot of books/ short stories/ newspaper articles/ leaflets/speeches etc. you can 'steal' a couple of good sentences and put them in your answer (but don't choose famous quotes e.g from romeo a juliet lol)
Also prepare some good sentences with great techniques (like contrast/ metaphors/oxymoron, etc.) to use in the exam.
If you are writing a story then use an extended oxymoron as these kind of techniques get you top grades
Hi very useful thanks - do you know how many words section B should be approx ? I know they want a plan & quality over quantity but a rough idea would be helpful. Thanks
Gracetoameh
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
maybe like 600 or 2 pages. So you can focus on the quality of it rather than throwing random stuff in it. Also, make sure you include a small plan (e.g. next to the picture, doesn't have to be neat) because examiners love it and might give you marks for it.
pgeissler
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
maybe like 600 or 2 pages. So you can focus on the quality of it rather than throwing random stuff in it. Also, make sure you include a small plan (e.g. next to the picture, doesn't have to be neat) because examiners love it and might give you marks for it.
Brilliant thanks so much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (671)
33.65%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (847)
42.48%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (385)
19.31%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.56%

Watched Threads