Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
It’s definitely a fairly good uni both nationally and internationally, however it’s not comparable to oxbridge, UCL and others of the same calibre obviously. It’s not in the Russell group either and I’m wondering why you wouldn’t apply to other unis with similar entrance requirements like Manchester or Sheffield as they’re probably more respected than Loughborough as they’re more established
laurawatt
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This is anon because.....

Loughborough is famous for it’s sports, so would be a pretty obvious choice if you wanted to do something like sports science - and it’s also very good for STEM (especially engineering)
lolamigo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by laurawatt)
This is anon because.....

Loughborough is famous for it’s sports, so would be a pretty obvious choice if you wanted to do something like sports science - and it’s also very good for STEM (especially engineering)
How good would you say it is for economics?
laurawatt
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by lolamigo)
Hi, sorry I don’t know It’s 16th on the complete university guide list for economics if that helps? (University league tables are to be taken with a pinch of salt, but give a fairly good overall indication of the uni)
Loughborough Student Community
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi lolamigo,

Our Economics courses are highly ranked and sit within our business school that is one of our largest schools on campus.

We have had graduates go on to further study at other institutions and within Loughborough, as well as secure roles at large firms such as Deloitte and PwC. Our Careers Network offers unrivalled support for our students throughout the year, including hosting a careers fair each term and running CV/ Interview workshops to help you in securing a role. Additionally all of our Economics courses offer placement years, which are great for building an idea of what you want your career path to look like and also securing a potential graduate role within the same company after your final year.

Although Loughborough is very well known for its sport, that is definitely not all we have to offer! Student life is really varied here, there are so many extra curricular activities to get involved with and our LSU host numerous events throughout the year so there is never a dull moment and lots of opportunity to meet new people. There are also over 100 different societies that you can get involved with- there really is something for everyone!

If you'd like to find out if we're the right university for you, do register on our Virtual Open Days and you can chat live with academic staff and students and check out our campus and facilities? You can find out more about registering here.

If you have any other questions, please do ask!

Ella
Last edited by Loughborough Student Community; 4 weeks ago
lolamigo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Loughborough Student Community)
Hi lolamigo,

Our Economics courses are highly ranked and sit within our business school that is one of our largest schools on campus.

We have had graduates go on to further study at other institutions and within Loughborough, as well as secure roles at large firms such as Deloitte and PwC. Our Careers Network offers unrivalled support for our students throughout the year, including hosting a careers fair each term and running CV/ Interview workshops to help you in securing a role. Additionally all of our Economics courses offer placement years, which are great for building an idea of what you want your career path to look like and also securing a potential graduate role within the same company after your final year.

Although Loughborough is very well known for its sport, that is definitely not all we have to offer! Student life is really varied here, there are so many extra curricular activities to get involved with and our LSU host numerous events throughout the year so there is never a dull moment and lots of opportunity to meet new people. There are also over 100 different societies that you can get involved with- there really is something for everyone!

If you'd like to find out if we're the right university for you, do register on our Virtual Open Days and you can chat live with academic staff and students and check out our campus and facilities? You can find out more about registering here.

If you have any other questions, please do ask!

Ella
Have you started giving out offers for the course? Or do you tend give them out later like January times?
Loughborough Student Community
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Have you started giving out offers for the course? Or do you tend give them out later like January times?
Hi lolamigo,

There is no set timescale or turnaround time to applications. We usually start around the end of October – although we are still waiting for a few Brexit changes to happen to the IT systems, so could be a little later this year. Once the applicant has submitted their application, then we do send out an acknowledgement email to confirm its arrived safely with us – so if the applicant has received this, they should know that their application is now with the Admissions Team and a decision or a request for more information/interview will be made as soon as we can.

Ella
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (707)
33.91%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (891)
42.73%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (394)
18.9%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.46%

Watched Threads