username5451430
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am failing all my A levels now got B D D E in year 13 now
I keep failing I say I will do more more I do for like 3 day and back to normal .

now I dont even feel like even trying because I know I will fail which further lowers grades and i become even less motivated

what should I do ;(

I have given up but still want to do well

ashpritgcse2020
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Have you tried making your revision more efficient? only doing exam questions and revision cards and mindmaps is sufficient enough and you can have a light revision day. Everyone wants to do well and some people put in more hard work than others yet still get the same grades.Everyone is in the same boat. Some people work from an F to an A because they work hard. You have enough time in order to bring it back to some better grades. Try assessing your method of revision and seeing what happens if you try something new!
WE GOT THIS!
bluebeetle
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ɪnˈtɛrəˌgeɪtɝ)
I am failing all my A levels now got B D D E in year 13 now
I keep failing I say I will do more more I do for like 3 day and back to normal .

now I dont even feel like even trying because I know I will fail which further lowers grades and i become even less motivated

what should I do ;(

I have given up but still want to do well

Something that can help is to set realistic long-term goals. Often, when students feel they're falling behind, they'll decide that they're going to try really hard and do several hours of intense work a day. Since this isn't a reasonable goal for most people - especially students who are struggling - they end up giving up.

A better way to approach it is to set small goals that you must complete each day. For example, you must do one hour of work each evening. Then, reward yourself for anything you do above what you said you must do. This way, you won't be left feeling very guilty after 'bad' days, because you can still probably manage to do your base goal, and it becomes easier to be consistently motivated.

As the other poster mentioned, it's also important to work efficiently. Look at your current study methods and try to be reasonable about what's working. Spending time copying up notes or copying things from a textbook isn't very useful but takes a lot of time. Doing past-paper questions and breaking down topics into mindmaps take less time and are more effective.

If you haven't already, speak to your form tutor / any other pastoral staff at school. They may be able to offer some support as well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (124)
28.44%
No - I have already returned home (58)
13.3%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (86)
19.72%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.17%
No - I live at home during term anyway (128)
29.36%

Watched Threads