joanaar
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I am having a dilemma to choose between A level Photography and Politics.I have just joined year 12 and I am doing Spanish, sociology, photography and politics however i need to drop one because i am also planning on doing EPQ , Young enterprise and many other extra curriculars and if i do 4 alevels i am not going to have enough time for everything else and find myself stressed.My job when i am older has nothing to do with photography but i enjoy taking photographs and the hands on work instead of always writing essays. I generally find politics boring but i know it is well respected and in the preferred list of subjects when applying to Uni. I am just very stuck and if you have any advise i would really appreciate it
anna09933
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hii, i am in year 13 and currently take politics, i used to absolutely hate it in the start of year 12 and I was awful at it, however I started to enjoy it a lot more especially when we started looking at ideologies. It does have a lot of content but it is a interesting subject and to get good grades you need to remember a lot of evidence in your essays. However, even though I don't take photography, if you want to take a break from essay subjects go for it.
joanaar
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
thank you so much anna!!
(Original post by anna09933)
Hii, i am in year 13 and currently take politics, i used to absolutely hate it in the start of year 12 and I was awful at it, however I started to enjoy it a lot more especially when we started looking at ideologies. It does have a lot of content but it is a interesting subject and to get good grades you need to remember a lot of evidence in your essays. However, even though I don't take photography, if you want to take a break from essay subjects go for it.
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What subject do you think you might want to do at Uni?

You need to check the entry requirements at a variety of different Universities.
Just look on the appropriate course page and it will clearly state 'required' and 'preferred' subjects.
If they are very specific about subjects this may guide your decision. Also, remember that just because you are not doing photography as 'a subject' it doesnt stop you still taking photos does it.
anna09933
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by joanaar)
thank you so much anna!!
no problem xx hope you make a decision you feel is right.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (567)
34.26%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (681)
41.15%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (332)
20.06%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (75)
4.53%

Watched Threads