Bvbfan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
when people compare the 9-1 system with the A*-G system everyone always says an 8 is equal to an A*. this isnt true. An A* is slightly better than an 8. a 9 is slightly better than an a*. If you look at charts online that directly compare the two systems you will see what i mean. also a 4 isnt quite as good as a C.
Theloniouss
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah, it's a bit silly how they changed it. Universities treat an 8 or 9 as an A*, though, so that's what matters.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Bvbfan)
when people compare the 9-1 system with the A*-G system everyone always says an 8 is equal to an A*. this isnt true. An A* is slightly better than an 8. a 9 is slightly better than an a*. If you look at charts online that directly compare the two systems you will see what i mean. also a 4 isnt quite as good as a C.
Its what unis think that matters. As the scoring is different, then direct comparisons to this extent are just sad.
Alienated.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I take issue with the fact that this new system doesn't feel as rewarding. A 7 doesn't feel like an A. It's almost as if anything other than an 8 or 9 isn't even worth acknowledging. I couldn't care less though.
AccountHolder
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Stop complaining everyone who does uni and sixth form admissions seem to think it is
deadroseex
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I like the old system, when I got a 7 in my science test 1 year ago, it sounded horrible...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (61)
27.73%
No - I have already returned home (25)
11.36%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (50)
22.73%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (21)
9.55%
No - I live at home during term anyway (63)
28.64%

Watched Threads