spacerat
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Im doing my alevels online and so far ive been understanding stuff using the AQA texbooks, i think theyre pretty good but i want to see how certain topics are explained in different way, are there any other good textbooks out there i should know about? ^u^
username5446306
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by spacerat)
Im doing my alevels online and so far ive been understanding stuff using the AQA texbooks, i think theyre pretty good but i want to see how certain topics are explained in different way, are there any other good textbooks out there i should know about? ^u^
I think that the edexcel textbooks are pretty good actually, but edexcel obvs covers slightly different stuff and has different required practicals to AQA.
Maybe look at some physics revision websites like physbot, maths and physics tutor and isaacphysics
Good luck (:
Becca216
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I use the cgp a level textbook, I find it useful and it explains things well and has a checklist at the end of each topic of stuff you need to know. Alevel physics online is a good website - its free for Y12 and then paid for Y13
CurryCurry2468
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I do a level physics with AQA. I found the course textbook (the oxford one) is good for explaining topics to an extent, but at times it is hard to process info especially when u pre read a chapter. When I am learning a topic prior to covering it in class I tend to make notes without using the textbook.

I only really use the textbook for equations in chapters that are useful to know when tackling questions within a topic, for example in SHM and circular motion, there are equations that don't appear on the equation sheet and are useful to know as it saves time in the exam if u have a question that requires use of that equations as it means u don't have to necessarily derive the equation and can just write it down on the page.

Also the end of chapter questions in the book are pure gold imo, if u look at the mark schemes and make notes of the additional guidance u will find it very useful trust me.

The other textbook i have is the cgp one which is good for revision and quickly learning something
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (675)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (856)
42.63%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.53%

Watched Threads