The Student Room Group

DWP work coaches (North West - Cheshire)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Laylaamy
Does anyone remember the questions asked in the interview... I have been practicing for 2 months and I am scared to death. Asking from the midlands. Would really appreciate the help x

I think we were all in the same boat - very nervous and apprehensive. Apparently from other posts the questions are totally different to July and September. But I really wouldn’t be asking for interview questions, trust that after preparing for 2 months that your preparation is enough. All the other candidates have known are the competencies, so I would base your answers around: Communicating and Influencing
Managing a Quality Service
Making Effective Decisions

Good luck!
eak! My portal just changed to “we are currently updating your application. You will soon be contacted with your formal offer.”
I’m so happy I could actually cry!
Big thanks to everyone on here for keeping me going especially @Hey2000
Original post by Howdy100
eak! My portal just changed to “we are currently updating your application. You will soon be contacted with your formal offer.”

Absolutely amazing news! Many congratulations 🎉🥳

That’s great news!!!
Prompted by you I checked mine, and mine‘s also changed!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by CurbYour
That’s great news!!!

That’s great news! Fingers crossed we hear next week :smile:
Original post by CurbYour
That’s great news!!!

Sorry to put a downer on things, but quite a few of us in the main DWP WC thread had this update today (most had passed PECs and were waiting for news), including one person who claims all six of their applications changed to the 'contact about formal offer' update.

Can't help but think its too good to be true and there's been some kind of error. I hope not.
Original post by questionaboutwc
Sorry to put a downer on things, but quite a few of us in the main DWP WC thread had this update today (most had passed PECs and were waiting for news), including one person who claims all six of their applications changed to the 'contact about formal offer' update.

Can't help but think its too good to be true and there's been some kind of error. I hope not.

Sadly looking through all the posts I’ve started thinking the same :frown:
Original post by questionaboutwc

Haha yep that's me, all six, Cheshire included😂 Will try to get in touch with someone next week and ask them if it's true. Got a long wait😣
Yes it did feel like a bit of a breakthrough.Thanks for the heads-up.
Sadly looking through all the posts I’ve started thinking the same :frown:

I really think it will come. The issues are to do with space to accommodate social distancing. I’m more or less positive everyone will get a formal offer if that’s what their status says, it just a case of when.
Well a little bit more good news, my DBS certificate came in the post this morning which could possibly mean the update yesterday could still be good news :smile:
Hi how long does it take to hear back after Video interview?
Thanks
I received my dbs this morning too!
Reply 73
Original post by Hey2000
Chester 🥳 closest JC to me- my first choice

Hey all, I have received an email saying my checks are now completed but heard nothing about a potential start date? Once people had this confirmation, how long did it take to get a formal offer? Thanks
Original post by EvanneTomo
Hey all, I have received an email saying my checks are now completed but heard nothing about a potential start date? Once people had this confirmation, how long did it take to get a formal offer? Thanks

I didn’t have any checks, but my status changed to formal offer about 2 days before I got a phone call.
Any of you guys had their status changed today? :frown:
Original post by Starwars1280
Any of you guys had their status changed today? :frown:

Several of us on the dwp july/sept/nov thread have all had a status update, all talking about it now, head on over and join the club!!!
Hi
Does anyone have any news on Cheshire?
Are they still allocating from the July and Sep campaigns, for example.

How’s it going if you’ve started?
Thanks
Hello, I finally received confirmation today that my checks have passed after 2 months of waiting. Anyone know how long it might take to receive a phone call with a start date once the checks are back? I'm also a Cheshire applicant :smile:
Original post by livmc2020
Hello, I finally received confirmation today that my checks have passed after 2 months of waiting. Anyone know how long it might take to receive a phone call with a start date once the checks are back? I'm also a Cheshire applicant :smile:

That’s good. It’s anyone’s guess I’m afraid.
I haven’t heard anything from my Cheshire application. I’m a Sep applicant. Hope we hear something soon! :confused:

Quick Reply