Finding colleges/6th forms

Watch this thread
mistyisu
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi! I am currently in year 11 and my school wants us to write our first college/6th form application in about 2 weeks D: I'm having trouble deciding which school will be right for me but I am planning on doing A level biology, chemistry and graphics design at the moment.
I'm a londoner btw
PixiePresents
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Hey, what part of London? I'm also looking at colleges/sixth forms around north/central London. Woodhouse College and London Academy of Excellence seem like good places to look at.
mistyisu
Rep:
(Original post by Salli00)
Hey, what part of London? I'm also looking at colleges/sixth forms around north/central London. Woodhouse College and London Academy of Excellence seem like good places to look at.
I live in South London but my current school is in North London as I've only moved recently. LAE sounds good but the entry requirements are quite difficult and they don't have any creative subjects. I'll do a bit of research on Woodhouse- thank you!
Chloe.isnt.here
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Heyy,, im from south too and im in yr 11 ((Some sixth forms ive looked at are City of London, St Michaels, CTK so far but I haven't applied to any yet
mistyisu
Rep:
(Original post by Chloe.isnt.here)
Heyy,, im from south too and im in yr 11 ((Some sixth forms ive looked at are City of London, St Michaels, CTK so far but I haven't applied to any yet
Ooh, I only heard of City of London which I think is a private school, I'll read a bit about the other two! Ashbourne sounds nice but it's a private school
PixiePresents
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mistyisu)
I live in South London but my current school is in North London as I've only moved recently. LAE sounds good but the entry requirements are quite difficult and they don't have any creative subjects. I'll do a bit of research on Woodhouse- thank you!
I’m not sure about any colleges around South London, I hope you find one you’re interested in though!
DylAFC
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Ooh, I only heard of City of London which I think is a private school, I'll read a bit about the other two! Ashbourne sounds nice but it's a private school
Some colleges in south include CTK (the one in Lewisham only does BTEC’s now though), Shooter’s Hill, SFX, Thomas Tallis, Woolwich Poly, and City of London in Southwark 🙂
🧡Hajera
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by dylgeo)
Some colleges in south include CTK (the one in Lewisham only does BTEC’s now though), Shooter’s Hill, SFX, Thomas Tallis, Woolwich Poly, and City of London in Southwark 🙂
Do u recommend sfx?
🧡Hajera
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hi! I am currently in year 11 and my school wants us to write our first college/6th form application in about 2 weeks D: I'm having trouble deciding which school will be right for me but I am planning on doing A level biology, chemistry and graphics design at the moment.
I'm a londoner btw
Which school did u end up applying to as I also want to do graphics at a level but with media and business
a.christiana
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 🧡Hajera)
Which school did u end up applying to as I also want to do graphics at a level but with media and business
in north ?
DylAFC
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 🧡Hajera)
Do u recommend sfx?
Don't live near it, but it looks like a good college
🧡Hajera
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by a.christiana)
in north ?
No south London
Lonsi
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hi, is there someone who goes to or knows something about City of London Academy Sixth Form? I applied to start Year 12 from September so I want know how is it at school,learning,the teachers?
Shawmiyan
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by dylgeo)
I went to the Woolwich Poly sixth form and secondary school. It was horrible.
🧡Hajera
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Anyone who goes to The Norwood sixth form??
sashae_21
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Lonsi)
Hi, is there someone who goes to or knows something about City of London Academy Sixth Form? I applied to start Year 12 from September so I want know how is it at school,learning,the teachers?
Same here! have you heard back from them yet?
Chloe.isnt.here
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by sashae_21)
Same here! have you heard back from them yet?
hey i got in to city of london,, i don’t know if i’m gonna go tho. It’s my third option. It seems like a good school tho
Black Sensei
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
hey i got in to city of london,, i don’t know if i’m gonna go tho. It’s my third option. It seems like a good school tho
I'm in year 12 at the school and I can confirm that so far it is quite a good school. It is all about personal preference tho.
Shawmiyan
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
I also go to City,university of London and just finished my first year. I would say that it's okay but not great and I was not impressed when I went to the campus.
sashae_21
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Black Sensei)
I'm in year 12 at the school and I can confirm that so far it is quite a good school. It is all about personal preference tho.
What subjects are you doing?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (8)
22.86%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (3)
8.57%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
11.43%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (3)
8.57%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (8)
22.86%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (9)
25.71%

Watched Threads