The Student Room Group

I go to boarding school, ask me anything:)

if anyone has any questions about UK boarding schools in particular, ask them here:smile:

Ahh thank you!

HI OP!

I made a thread this morning asking about boarding school! So here are some of the questions I asked on my thread -

-did you enjoy your time at boarding school?
-was it strict?
-was it a mixed school or same sex school?
-what was your accommodation like?

Thanks!
Reply 3
Original post by pepsimaxcherry
Ahh thank you!

HI OP!

I made a thread this morning asking about boarding school! So here are some of the questions I asked on my thread -

-did you enjoy your time at boarding school?
-was it strict?
-was it a mixed school or same sex school?
-what was your accommodation like?

Thanks!

hey! Sorry i didn't see your thread before, whoops

- I really am enjoying my time at boarding school, it's so nice being able to be near your friends all the time and you get closer to them so much quicker, I definitely feel like boarding school leads to life-long friendships(not trying to be cringe ahaha)
- I'm sure it varies between schools, but I wouldn't say its overly strict. you definitely get used to things like handing your phone in at night and having to eat at specific times, and as you get older you'll have more and more independence
- i go to an all girls:smile:
- in my school, boarding house quality kind of differs between the different houses as they're all different ages and some have been recently refurbished. it can be annoying sometimes if showers don't work or you have a small room, but to be honest you get so attached to the house because of the people in it(cringe again ahah) and the atmosphere of it that the actual house doesn't seem to matter!
Original post by quizlethoe
hey! Sorry i didn't see your thread before, whoops

- I really am enjoying my time at boarding school, it's so nice being able to be near your friends all the time and you get closer to them so much quicker, I definitely feel like boarding school leads to life-long friendships(not trying to be cringe ahaha)
- I'm sure it varies between schools, but I wouldn't say its overly strict. you definitely get used to things like handing your phone in at night and having to eat at specific times, and as you get older you'll have more and more independence
- i go to an all girls:smile:
- in my school, boarding house quality kind of differs between the different houses as they're all different ages and some have been recently refurbished. it can be annoying sometimes if showers don't work or you have a small room, but to be honest you get so attached to the house because of the people in it(cringe again ahah) and the atmosphere of it that the actual house doesn't seem to matter!

Awh that’s lovely! I’m glad you’re enjoying your time there! I think I would struggle with handing my phone in and certain rules like that, but I see how it’s beneficial and why it’s done! Thank you for answering :smile:
How often do you see your parents? Do you have to share a room with someone else? How often you see everyone else? Other than your roommate if you have one
Reply 6
Original post by SmartUnicorn
How often do you see your parents? Do you have to share a room with someone else? How often you see everyone else? Other than your roommate if you have one

It changes from school to school, but in a normal year I would probably see at least one of my parents every 3 weeks. Since travel is a lot more difficult atm, probably every 6 weeks.

Again, dorm sizes vary from school to school but in mine, you start off with 8 in a dorm for year 7 and 8, 4-8 per dorm in years 9 and 10, 2-3 per dorm in year 11, and 1-2 per dorm in sixth form

I see the people in my house every day, we eat together and also do prep(homework) together a lot and just generally hang out all the time. for people in other houses, i see them the same amount that you would if you went to a day school, if that makes sense:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending