The Student Room Group

What have you done in the span of three years that changed your life forever.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Did badly in my GCSE’s thus had to change career paths completely and COVID hit my alevels too, so did badly in those too, but I still got into university and starting my first year.

That's what I like, optimism!
Original post by 5hyl33n
Fair enough. :smile:

I’m sure you haven’t wasted 3 years. Everyone has accomplished something.

I spent two years failing my a levels and two years at home trying to figure my life out :redface:
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Started high school, developed a bunch of stupid health issues, came to terms with my sexuality, made a TSR account, other stuff Im probably forgetting... Its been an eventful 3 years :lol:

Wow at least you've done something productive and TSR is a great place so welcome :smile:

Original post by Ramipril
Started medical school, got into a relationship, finished a relationship.

You've been busy and you'll be saving lives soon :smile:
I spent two years failing my a levels and two years at home trying to figure my life out :redface:

That’s okay. :smile:

Everyone has a different path to success and I’m sure you will find yours!
Original post by 𝔸𝕤𝕡𝕖𝕟 𝔸𝕦𝕣𝕖𝕝𝕚𝕒
Decided to sing more and do it at school events and is now known at school for having a good voice
Decided to volunteer for more charity work and attained charities cup lats year and has raised over £800 at school for charity
Decided to do more fashion and is now very good at fashion design
Decided to learn more languages and is now good at languages
Decided to be kinder and is now always being kind (well most of the time:colondollar:)
Decided to maintain happiness and dint give up hope when times were tough and is now very happy and does self-care blogs and talks and is now known for being a supportive and kind friend
Decided to take risks and now has got many awards from High school
Never got any awards in middle school cus I wasn't "good enough" for their standards even tho I got top grades it was always favouritism so when I joined y7 I decided to give it my all and now has top grades and has won many awards from all sorts of subjects.
Got depression and anxiety when I was ill for 5 months but still believed better days would come and they have now and just suffers from anxiety but it isn't that bad.
Got arthritis and it was really painful at first but now it's slowly getting better - it has its ups and downs but I've learned to deal with it and take things slow and steady at times hehe
Decided to start basketball, cricket, tennis, badminton, rollerskating and skateboarding and now is quite good at it (but is taking some time off due to arthritis pain and the doctor telling me to take it easy)
Decided to give organisation and organising revision a good go and is now someone to go for organisation and revision tips
Decided to make a TSR account and now has like 2 billion friends hehe
Im kinda proud of myself I've achieved quite a bit hehe

You're a role model and reading that was so inspiring. I'm so proud of you for all the achievements you've made in the past three years!

Original post by black tea
Nothing. My life is just as meaningless now as it was 3 years ago.

Aww I can relate! Are you trying to overcome this loop or are you ok with it?

Congratulations :smile:
You're a role model and reading that was so inspiring. I'm so proud of you for all the achievements you've made in the past three years!

Aw thank u for ur kind words! - so kind of u to say that hehe :hugs:
Original post by 5hyl33n
That’s okay. :smile:

Everyone has a different path to success and I’m sure you will find yours!

Thank you!
I wasted a year of my life hoping I would win the lottery, as stupid as it sounds! And ended up spending a lot of money on tickets but I'm glad I'm out of that habit.
Original post by 𝔸𝕤𝕡𝕖𝕟 𝔸𝕦𝕣𝕖𝕝𝕚𝕒
Aw thank u for ur kind words! - so kind of u to say that hehe :hugs:

No problem :five: x

Aww I can relate! Are you trying to overcome this loop or are you ok with it?

I kind of feel I have achieved all I am able to achieve and there is not much purpose or point to my life now. I don't have the motivation to change things. How about you?
Thank you!
I wasted a year of my life hoping I would win the lottery, as stupid as it sounds! And ended up spending a lot of money on tickets but I'm glad I'm out of that habit.

Haha. You never know, until you try! :biggrin:
I kind of feel I have achieved all I am able to achieve and there is not much purpose or point to my life now. I don't have the motivation to change things. How about you?

I feel like I can do so much more but I'm lazy and I also lack motivation. I depend on people too much for motivation, like I need someone to tell me what to do and to make sure I get it done. I need to see a therapist but not now! I am now going to start revising for my A level resit exams so a bit busy :smile:
Let compliments get to my head and messed up my GCSEs meaning all the sixth forms I wanted to go to rejected me. Meaning I had to stay in my school but it turned out for the better as I worked harder. Predicted 3A* and still have my bestest friends. :smile:
I feel like I can do so much more but I'm lazy and I also lack motivation. I depend on people too much for motivation, like I need someone to tell me what to do and to make sure I get it done. I need to see a therapist but not now! I am now going to start revising for my A level resit exams so a bit busy :smile:

Best of luck with your revision and resits! :smile:
Original post by 5hyl33n
Haha. You never know, until you try! :biggrin:

Ahaha yh!

Best of luck with your revision and resits! :smile:

Let compliments get to my head and messed up my GCSEs meaning all the sixth forms I wanted to go to rejected me. Meaning I had to stay in my school but it turned out for the better as I worked harder. Predicted 3A* and still have my bestest friends. :smile:

Aww, at least you made the best out of your situation!
The biggest one is probably starting my PhD. :work:
Fell under the spell of alcohol.

I would've started to drink too when tump became president
Original post by Mr. Obama
Fell under the spell of alcohol.
Original post by PhoenixFortune
The biggest one is probably starting my PhD. :work:

Wow what is it on? 😊

I would've started to drink too when tump became president

I'm not the president, my name is Hussein, not Brack.
Quit uni?

But I'm going to go back and study something else so not really a big deal lol.

Quick Reply

Latest