ahmadsaleh834
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm currently applying to colleges in the US, but they ask if I took honors classes. Are A-levels the equivalent of honors? and can i tell them i have honors in the A-level subjects i took?
this is very confusing to me. many thanks
BatterseaBoy
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Honors classes are in-depth classes covering a subject in more depth and detail. They are not the same as standard teaching and it is unlikely that you would have benefited from honors stream teaching within the UK state educational system.
ry7xsfa
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ahmadsaleh834)
I'm currently applying to colleges in the US, but they ask if I took honors classes. Are A-levels the equivalent of honors? and can i tell them i have honors in the A-level subjects i took?
this is very confusing to me. many thanks
If you're talking about the honors section of CommonApp, that's referring to any notable awards or recognition you've achieved for things I'm pretty sure.
keep_drowning
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
They aren't the same - Leave that section blank. There is a space to include your A Levels somewhere in the application.
DYHM8967
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ry7xsfa)
If you're talking about the honors section of CommonApp, that's referring to any notable awards or recognition you've achieved for things I'm pretty sure.
I think @ahmadsaleh834 might have been referring to the courses section under education. There is a drop down menu for selecting types of current courses being taken. Scrolling down, A-Levels should be an option.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (87)
27.8%
No - I have already returned home (40)
12.78%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (60)
19.17%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (32)
10.22%
No - I live at home during term anyway (94)
30.03%

Watched Threads