Iehtesam
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Do individual unit results appear in your results sheet if you cash-in for a subject, or is it just the overall result obtained from the cash-in?
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What shows in results sheets depends on the software the exam centre uses but is almost certain to show unit grades. The certificate only ever shows the overall grade.
Iehtesam
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Compost)
What shows in results sheets depends on the software the exam centre uses but is almost certain to show unit grades. The certificate only ever shows the overall grade.
what if i cash-in for a qualification for example
that is meant to give me an overall grade for AS or A-level. Will the unit results be beside the overall grade?
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Iehtesam)
what if i cash-in for a qualification for example
that is meant to give me an overall grade for AS or A-level. Will the unit results be beside the overall grade?
You don't get an overall grade unless you cash-in. What I've said above applies:

• Certificates only show grades for entire qualifications and you only get a certificate when you cash-in to get a qualification
  • What shows on any results slip depends on the software being used and what options were selected when it was printed. Your oevrall grade wil only show if you have cashed-in. Your centre can certainly give you a list of all the units you've taken for a qualification if you ask.
Iehtesam
Rep:
?
You don't get an overall grade unless you cash-in. What I've said above applies:

• Certificates only show grades for entire qualifications and you only get a certificate when you cash-in to get a qualification
  • What shows on any results slip depends on the software being used and what options were selected when it was printed. Your oevrall grade wil only show if you have cashed-in. Your centre can certainly give you a list of all the units you've taken for a qualification if you ask.
so basically when i do cash-in, i get the overall grades in my results sheet and not the individual unit results?
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
so basically when i do cash-in, i get the overall grades in my results sheet and not the individual unit results?
No. Read this carefully because I've already said the same thing twice. The results sheet and the certificate are 2 completely different things.

1. You only ever get an overall grade when you've cashed in - that's what a cash-in is - a request for an overall grade.
  2. You only ever get a certificate for overall grade(s) and they only show the overall grades (i.e. no unit results)
  3. What goes on an individual results sheet depends on the software the centre uses and the selections they make before the print, but it will probably include all the results in that exam season, i.e. all module results and any cashed-in grades.
Last edited by Compost; 4 weeks ago
Iehtesam
Rep:
?
No. Read this carefully because I've already said the same thing twice. The results sheet and the certificate are 2 completely different things.

1. You only ever get an overall grade when you've cashed in - that's what a cash-in is - a request for an overall grade.
  2. You only ever get a certificate for overall grade(s) and they only show the overall grades (i.e. no unit results)
  3. What goes on an individual results sheet depends on the software the centre uses and the selections they make before the print, but it will probably include all the results in that exam season, i.e. all module results and any cashed-in grades.
thank you, I've finally got it
sorry for having to make you repeat something i couldn't get my head around
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
thank you, I've finally got it
sorry for having to make you repeat something i couldn't get my head around
It always confuses people - and it's no longer relevant in England so people get very conflicting advice
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (41)
31.78%
No - I have already returned home (16)
12.4%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (27)
20.93%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (11)
8.53%
No - I live at home during term anyway (34)
26.36%

Watched Threads