How do you transfer unis

Watch
AccountHolder
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I hate my uni so much, idk how much Covid affects this as idk what the uni is like without it, but so far I’ve hated every minute. They expect us to work 7 days a week by giving us whole module weeks worth of work on Saturday that we have to have done by Monday, give us loads of exams on our half term week so I can’t actually go and visit family, then even more to do after Mondays, we don’t really have any lectures just videos and Q
Last edited by AccountHolder; 1 month ago
AccountHolder
Rep:
?
TSR keeps cutting off half of my post
AccountHolder
Rep:
?
Is it worth typing out the rest again?
Anonymous2766
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What year are you in, first?
AccountHolder
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous2766)
What year are you in, first?
First. I’ve posted on another thread by another person in the same situation
Anonymous2766
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you’re a first year, just contact the university you want to transfer to and explain the situation and ask if they accept transfers direct to second year. If they respond yes, put a UCAS application in and select entry year 2 rather than 1. You’ll probably have to sort out a reference from your current university (or possibly a teacher at your old college/sixth form). You will also likely have to send transcripts of all your modules to the university you want to transfer to so that they can assess your compatibility. Hope this helps. 👍
Anonymous2766
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous2766)
If you’re a first year, just contact the university you want to transfer to and explain the situation and ask if they accept transfers direct to second year. If they respond yes, put a UCAS application in and select entry year 2 rather than 1. You’ll probably have to sort out a reference from your current university (or possibly a teacher at your old college/sixth form). You will also likely have to send transcripts of all your modules to the university you want to transfer to so that they can assess your compatibility. Hope this helps. 👍
It’s also worth adding that you’ll need to sort a reference. Traditionally, universities would want this to be from you current uni as it gives a better indication of how you are coping, and will cope, with the course. However, given the circumstances surrounding COVID-19, the university you’re looking to transfer to might accept a reference from an old school/college teacher as they’ll understand that your uni staff are very unlikely to know you very well at all. Personally, I’d recommend emailing the university you want to transfer to and ask them who they’d want your reference to be from. Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (123)
28.28%
No - I have already returned home (58)
13.33%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (86)
19.77%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.2%
No - I live at home during term anyway (128)
29.43%

Watched Threads