Franco28
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Which are the BEST universities for Law in the UK that are non LNAT? Best like in overall performance, and prestige, also if it has its own law library and things like that. Thank you!
edaram
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The best non LNAT university (for law) is Cambridge. They do the CLT instead, which doesn't have multiple choice questions. However, if you're asking this in relation to 2021 entry, you're already too late, as the deadline to apply was the 15th. Outside of that, there are a number of other options. York, Exeter, QMUL, Sheffield etc. Frankly speaking, the most prestigious and highly performing universities use the LNAT or another entrance test because, to keep up with the course, you need a certain level of aptitude for the method of study. If you're aiming for the most academically performing university you can apply for, why is it that you're so concerned about taking it?
Franco28
Rep:
?
(Original post by edaram)
The best non LNAT university (for law) is Cambridge. They do the CLT instead, which doesn't have multiple choice questions. However, if you're asking this in relation to 2021 entry, you're already too late, as the deadline to apply was the 15th. Outside of that, there are a number of other options. York, Exeter, QMUL, Sheffield etc. Frankly speaking, the most prestigious and highly performing universities use the LNAT or another entrance test because, to keep up with the course, you need a certain level of aptitude for the method of study. If you're aiming for the most academically performing university you can apply for, why is it that you're so concerned about taking it?
Im actually doing my LNAT next year September/ October but I’m just looking forward to University and the exams. So I was just getting nervous to fail the LNAT and only applying to LNAT Universities, so I just wanted to know like other best ones for Law, I’m doing like mock exams but I’m getting like 18 every time or 20, so I just got worried. And even we have months to do the LNAT, I also have a lot to revise for A Levels as well as retaking Maths GCSE and EPQ and a music qualification and work experience so i dont have that much to practice for my LNAT
Franco28
Rep:
?
(Original post by Franco28)
Im actually doing my LNAT next year September/ October but I’m just looking forward to University and the exams. So I was just getting nervous to fail the LNAT and only applying to LNAT Universities, so I just wanted to know like other best ones for Law, I’m doing like mock exams but I’m getting like 18 every time or 20, so I just got worried. And even we have months to do the LNAT, I also have a lot to revise for A Levels as well as retaking Maths GCSE and EPQ and a music qualification and work experience so i dont have that much to practice for my LNAT
I’m thinking in applying to oxford uni, UCL,LSE,KCL and University of Glasgow (maybe University of Edinburgh)
yrheni
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Warwick is well respected and doesn't need LNAT.
Franco28
Rep:
?
Tbh Im sure I will have Grades A*, the only thing im worried is failing the LNAT. And I already have my dream college (from oxford uni) so I really have to kill that exam. I feel I also have a killer personal statement (i did it already, im soo early but I wanted to have it prepared). Is just that exam im worried about
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Which are the BEST universities for Law in the UK that are non LNAT? Best like in overall performance, and prestige, also if it has its own law library and things like that. Thank you!
They all have law libraries
I think you're sensible to apply to one non LNAT uni.

I suggest you take a look at Exeter, York, Manchester, Sheffield, Warwick & Birmingham
Franco28
Rep:
?
(Original post by harrysbar)
They all have law libraries

I think you're sensible to apply to one non LNAT uni.

I suggest you take a look at Exeter, York, Manchester, Sheffield, Warwick & Birmingham
Okay thank you✨
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (620)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (775)
42.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.77%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads