usmaan124
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have applied to both Warwick MMORSE and Economics (and straight econ at lse + ucl, e+m at oxford) and I have been thinking about which I would prefer and would benefit me the most in the long run (providing I get offers of course).

Career wise I am currently thinking of going into ib or becoming an actuary and was wondering which would be better for the two careers. I am aware that for IB the degree has less importance compared to the university and since all of my universities are targets I will be in a good position provided I get an offer from one of them. Regarding an actuary from what I understand I would be able to go into the career with either degrees but due to potential exemptions it may make my life a lot easier doing MMORSE.

If I was set on these two careers I would lean towards MMORSE as I also think I would enjoy the course more due to the heavy mathematical content however I also know that there are many jobs I have no clue about that in a few years may appeal to me so my main question is:

What careers would I be shut off too/make considerably harder to get into by choosing MMORSE over Econ or vice versa?

Any insight would be appreciated.
confuzzledteen
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
oh cool, we applied to similar uni's, what're your predicted grades if you don't mind me asking? x
i'd always thought that for IB, mathematical degrees like MORSE would be advantageous? so yeah i agree w/ you that if you're set on those two careers, you should lean towards MORSE (why did you apply to only one uni for it though haha x)
i feel like taking MORSE over Economics would make it harder for you to go into consultancy/ become an Economist, but then again people who delve into those jobs usually get a Masters so really no biggie what you do at Undergrad as long as it's at a target uni, like you said
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (44)
32.12%
No - I have already returned home (17)
12.41%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (27)
19.71%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (11)
8.03%
No - I live at home during term anyway (38)
27.74%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise