Trigger warning: Is it rape?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
TW: rape

Spoiler:
Show
Hi, so last night my roommates and I dressed up and I got extremely drunk I took it way too far. My roommates boyfriend had wanted to set me up with a friend of his and he came by with this friend and another guy (within COVID restrictions). Anyway, I woke up this morning naked beside the guy he tried to set me up with and I had no recollection of the night before. This morning the guy begins to kiss me and finger me but quite quickly he suddenly put his penis into me. He had no contraception or hadn't even asked my consent. I was really taken aback and I then asked him what had happened the night before because I truly began to worry. (I'm not the type of person to just have casual sex). He told me that the same things had happened the night before and that I'd stopped him due to him not having condoms. But I really have no memory and I feel so dirty and ashamed of myself

Moderation note: Please keep replies constructive and helpful to the OP. If you are wanting to debate, please post in the Debate and Current Affairs section, not in here.

If insults and arguments continue then this thread will be closed.
Last edited by BurstingBubbles; 1 month ago
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
OP (snip)

Yes it’s rape.
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
OP (snip)

Yes it is rape since you didn't consent.

I am sorry to hear this and I would suggest that you tell your friend and report it to stop this person from doing it to other women in the future.

https://rapecrisis.org.uk/
ChickenMadness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Very rape
tbi_zlx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
OP (snip)
No consent=rape. I had a similar experience when I was roofied at a party by a couple ppl. I know how a lot of people consider this like a drunken night and oh a lil bit of fun but this is rape hun, no way else of saying it.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
OP (snip)
Don’t feel ashamed, it’s not your fault and this should be reported ASAP. Tell you friend and her boyfriend, if they don’t take your side DROP THEM
deadroseex
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This is rape! oml, I hope you are okay!! This is really sad... do not be ashamed at all, this is not your fault!

He did not get your consent! x
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
He is absolutely in the wrong.
Alienated.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That is rape. Report it OP. Don't feel ashamed, this was certainly not your fault. We live in quite the vile society.:console:
Alienated.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

But why, why do people feel the need to get themselves into such a state due to alcohol that they can't even remember what happened the next day?
Don't ever victim blame and don't ever try to mask it too. There's a reason why you went anon.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago

But why, why do people feel the need to get themselves into such a state due to alcohol that they can't even remember what happened the next day?
Honestly, by saying this you’re hinting that it’s her fault as well
ChickenMadness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Well they don't expect to be raped in their own flat with all their friends around.
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
Report it please

People saying that she shouldn’t have gotten that drunk are delusional, either way, it doesn’t give him the right to do what he did.
Anonymous #5
Report 1 month ago
No matter how drunk you were, you would remember something... unless you were drugged. Nobody really blacks out to that extent. I would also be very concerned that this is a Rohipnal situation. You need to report this. Be strong x
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Alienated.)
Don't ever victim blame and don't ever try to mask it too. There's a reason why you went anon.
I am not victim blaming.
Honestly, by saying this you’re hinting that it’s her fault as well
It is absolutely not her fault. I just don't understand putting yourself in a potentially dangerous situation.
SlytherinSoul
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by tbi_zlx)
No consent=rape. I had a similar experience when I was roofied at a party by a couple ppl. I know how a lot of people consider this like a drunken night and oh a lil bit of fun but this is rape hun, no way else of saying it.

Hi, so last night my roommates and I dressed up and I got extremely drunk I took it way too far. My roommates boyfriend had wanted to set me up with a friend of his and he came by with this friend and another guy (within COVID restrictions). Anyway, I woke up this morning naked beside the guy he tried to set me up with and I had no recollection of the night before. This morning the guy begins to kiss me and finger me but quite quickly he suddenly put his penis into me. He had no contraception or hadn't even asked my consent. I was really taken aback and I then asked him what had happened the night before because I truly began to worry. (I'm not the type of person to just have casual sex). He told me that the same things had happened the night before and that I'd stopped him due to him not having condoms. But I really have no memory and I feel so dirty and ashamed of myself

i'm sorry that's awful
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ChickenMadness)
Well they don't expect to be raped in their own flat with all their friends around.
With two guys in the flat, one of whom specifically interested in being set up with a girl? Idk, I would not feel safe getting drunk in that situation.
SMEGGGY
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
With two guys in the flat, one of whom specifically interested in being set up with a girl? Idk, I would not feel safe getting drunk in that situation.
She thought she was in a safe environment? Flatmates, inside.
tinygirl96
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My word this is rape. Report it pronto.
Anonymous #6
Report 1 month ago
This is not rape. Assuming you allowed him to have sex with you in your drunken state, this is just a continuation the next day but you were in a less drunk state and revoked your consent. If he continued after you said to stop, that would be rape.

People say this is victim blaming but this is genuine advice: alcohol makes people do stupid things which they regret or don't remember, so don't drink. It would stop people ruining their own lives or others.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (64)
27.71%
No - I have already returned home (25)
10.82%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (50)
21.65%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (22)
9.52%
No - I live at home during term anyway (70)
30.3%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed