Anyone who has ever done an interview at Waitrose

Watch
azby1098
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi!

I had an interview for Waitrose on Friday just gone.

It all went well, and the interviewer was really lovely.

They said ‘we’re expecting people to start from 1st november onwards’.

My interview was on the last interview date (23/10).
I know that they have to give people notice before they start working, I’d expect a few days at the least.

How long did people have to wait between interview and finding out the decision of applications? I’ve read like a week or even up to 3, but surely that’s not possible if they are expecting people to start a week today

They mentioned at interview about a health assessment and security check and whatever and of course that has to happen before you start training.

Thanks so much everyone!!
ehss.ak
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by azby1098)
Hi!

I had an interview for Waitrose on Friday just gone.

It all went well, and the interviewer was really lovely.

They said ‘we’re expecting people to start from 1st november onwards’.

My interview was on the last interview date (23/10).
I know that they have to give people notice before they start working, I’d expect a few days at the least.

How long did people have to wait between interview and finding out the decision of applications? I’ve read like a week or even up to 3, but surely that’s not possible if they are expecting people to start a week today

They mentioned at interview about a health assessment and security check and whatever and of course that has to happen before you start training.

Thanks so much everyone!!
Congrats on getting the interview fr

I did my interview on the 20th Oct and heard back on the 23rd and I got the job - so you may be looking at a similar period of waiting time
I went into the branch I'd be working at and the desk said that they may need up to 2 weeks to process new starters

Hope you find yourself successful in landing a role!
azby1098
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ehss.ak)

I did my interview on the 20th Oct and heard back on the 23rd and I got the job - so you may be looking at a similar period of waiting time
I went into the branch I'd be working at and the desk said that they may need up to 2 weeks to process new starters

thank you so much!! that’s so helpful. do you know of yours was the last interview date?

i’m hoping to get the job but 40 were interviewed for only 10 places when you say process new starters do you mean train?
azby1098
Rep:
?

also when are you starting? and well done for getting the job!! forgot to say sorry haha
ehss.ak
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
thank you so much!! that’s so helpful. do you know of yours was the last interview date?

i’m hoping to get the job but 40 were interviewed for only 10 places when you say process new starters do you mean train?
There were later interview dates after mine

and the woman I asked said processing meant doing checks on each candidate etc, I'm not really sure tbh

I should be starting around maybe next week or the week after btw & thank you
azby1098
Rep:
?
There were later interview dates after mine

and the woman I asked said processing meant doing checks on each candidate etc, I'm not really sure tbh

I should be starting around maybe next week or the week after btw & thank you
ooh exciting!! can i pm you and ask u a couple of other questions? no worries if not.
ehss.ak
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
ooh exciting!! can i pm you and ask u a couple of other questions? no worries if not.
yeah thats cool
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (714)
33.85%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (903)
42.82%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (399)
18.92%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed