Easiest Engineering graduate scheme to get into?

Watch
Double.00
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Currently looking somewhere around north west but what would be the easiest graduate role to get into? Everywhere I look have 50 steps such as tests, then assessment centre, then group interview and final interview.

What is an easy graduate role? Not to fussed about it being boring job
swelshie
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Won't be any such thing nowadays with the amount of competition. Wouldn't surprise me if there were 3 day long assessment centers for an 18k/yr job.
alex282
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Double.00)
Currently looking somewhere around north west but what would be the easiest graduate role to get into? Everywhere I look have 50 steps such as tests, then assessment centre, then group interview and final interview.

What is an easy graduate role? Not to fussed about it being boring job
The easiest graduate engineering jobs to get into are usually small/medium companies and they will probably pay you minimum wage with progression to £25-30k over a decade if you work hard and do unpaid overtime.

The reason graduate schemes have 50 steps is because once universities realised they could be ran as a business they started letting everyone through so now everyone has a degree. Combine that with the fact the most of industry has left the UK and you get this situation. Personally I left engineering despite having a masters degree because of the demeaning job searching process, the poor pay and hating the actual jobs which was mostly data entry in spreadsheets and repositioning symbols on a screen all day.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (706)
33.93%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (889)
42.72%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.89%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed