BOB202
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Dear All,

I'm having trouble knowing where to start with this, questions any help welcome.

Many thanks
Bob
Attached files
Haywood1743
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You need to use wavespeed = frequency x wave length , you know N is the number of wave crests per unit time , 2 wave crests is one wave 3 wave crests is 2 waves so frequency is (n-1) , you can work out the wavelength using the amount waves in the length of the log so L divided by the number of waves in the length of the log. I would go with answer B
BOB202
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Haywood1743)
You need to use wavespeed = frequency x wave length , you know N is the number of wave crests per unit time , 2 wave crests is one wave 3 wave crests is 2 waves so frequency is (n-1) , you can work out the wavelength using the amount waves in the length of the log so L divided by the number of waves in the length of the log. I would go with answer B
Dear Haywood,

Thanks for the information. I see how you get the frequency now, which is where I was getting stuck.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.3%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.44%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (83)
19.58%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.43%
No - I live at home during term anyway (124)
29.25%

Watched Threads