piano advice

Watch
ellajn04
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Not sure if anyone can help with this. But I am looking to but a digital Piano. I've been playing for a few years now and about to do my grade 5. Ive been researching into the Yamaha p45, Yamaha 125 or the Roland fp10. however no gives clear opinions as to which is better so I'm on here to see if anyone has any or has any advice! thank you
Advertisement
Peter112112
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would recommend digital one as it is cheaper than the upright, also bear in mind that the key weight for black and white should be reasonably heavy therefore you develop a relative finger strength when practising, hope that helps. But you have to mention what your budget is, there are lot of good digital piano but the quality differs at different price range
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My advice is to go to a music shop (use Yelp). You can even ask on Facebook for recommendations as well. Talk to the staff about the range of pianos on display there and make notes.
Advertisement
rayshow053
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I use a Casio LK-265 and it's simply amazing (read the article here https://pickmypiano.com/best-casio-digital-pianos/ ). It feels really good to play, good weighted action, and the keys are "ivory feel" which feels a bit more special than plain glossy plastic. In do like digital pianos as they offer the ability to practice with headphones, they generally take up less space, they are far more portable and they don't need tuning.
Last edited by rayshow053; 1 month ago
mwindram
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have the Casio Privia digital piano, it's not too big and it's easy to setup and nice to play

https://www.gear4music.com/Keyboards...UaAoxlEALw_wcB
Last edited by mwindram; 1 month ago
Advertisement
ReadingMum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
we have had a Yamaha P-120 for about 20 years and it is still great. It supported my daughter through to getting her grade 8.
It lives in a garden room with a heated floor so a conventional piano would be constantly out of tune but this is completely fine.
Banter Champ
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ellajn04)
Not sure if anyone can help with this. But I am looking to but a digital Piano. I've been playing for a few years now and about to do my grade 5. Ive been researching into the Yamaha p45, Yamaha 125 or the Roland fp10. however no gives clear opinions as to which is better so I'm on here to see if anyone has any or has any advice! thank you
You really need to go and try them out. A real piano will play a note depending on how you physically press the key. A digital one often just has on and off in sound, some have variable sampling and others don't. But so much of piano is how you play the keys, not just what keys you play. So much of the emotion of a song is conveyed through the delivery of the notes, the velocity, the tone it all changes depending on how hard or soft you press the key.
Advertisement
ReadingMum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
A keyboard is on and off but a decent electric piano absolutely does respond to how you press the key - otherwise ours would not have been suitable for daughter all the way through to grade 8.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (122)
28.37%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.26%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.53%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.3%
No - I live at home during term anyway (127)
29.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed