Asw101243
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me, I’ve completed my 1st year at uni however, I’d like to change universities, does anyone know how to go about it, do you need to apply via ucas to go in sep 2021 as this academic year, I’ve decided to take a gap year
Many thanks Abbey
Last edited by Asw101243; 1 month ago
Sarvienn
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes, you'd need to apply through UCAS and take a gap year. Unless, you'll be transferring to another university for the same course in which case it depends on the situation and circumstance. You probably might need a new personal statement and all for first year entry. It's the exact same process as you first applied. For competitive universities you're likely to be asked for a reference from your current university and first year grades aswell.

All the best
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Please read : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=1781424
Asw101243
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sarvienn)
Yes, you'd need to apply through UCAS and take a gap year. Unless, you'll be transferring to another university for the same course in which case it depends on the situation and circumstance. You probably might need a new personal statement and all for first year entry. It's the exact same process as you first applied. For competitive universities you're likely to be asked for a reference from your current university and first year grades aswell.

All the best
I was looking to apply to 2nd year if it was possible, would I still need to apply via ucas then ?
Asw101243
Rep:
?
Thank you, I’ll have a look
Sarvienn
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Asw101243)
I was looking to apply to 2nd year if it was possible, would I still need to apply via ucas then ?
Yes. Under year of start in the universities you're applying to, you will indicate start year is year 2

Beware that some universities dont accept transfers and some will require certain (usually high) marks in the first year of your current study, and the course content of the new uni you're applying to needs to be similar to the current one.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.24%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.41%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (83)
19.53%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.41%
No - I live at home during term anyway (125)
29.41%

Watched Threads