Should I mention a blog in my Personal Statement?

Watch
astroehoe
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
There has already been a thread on this but it is 11years old and admissions has changed.
My personal blog talks about Feminism and Literature. I am applying to English. Is it worth mentioning? It also contains human rights posts and political posts. Idk if that would be a risky thing for an admissions officer to see (if they have opposing views).
yasmin3.1415
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you can link it to your subjects well then I would say yes because you can say about the skills you used relating to English. Also it can show what kind of person you are example: initiative/enthusiastic about English etc. Unless you have political views that are unaccepting of others or discrimination, they will let you in. It would definitely place you higher than other personal statements
astroehoe
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by yasmin3.1415)
If you can link it to your subjects well then I would say yes because you can say about the skills you used relating to English. Also it can show what kind of person you are example: initiative/enthusiastic about English etc. Unless you have political views that are unaccepting of others or discrimination, they will let you in. It would definitely place you higher than other personal statements
It's quite "left wing" so I'm hoping that's ok? And yeh it does link to my subject quite a lot. Thank you!
yasmin3.1415
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by astroehoe)
It's quite "left wing" so I'm hoping that's ok? And yeh it does link to my subject quite a lot. Thank you!
Yeah that is fine as long, it is really if it includes discrimination of people or hate speech so if doesn't have any of that which it doesn't sound like than you are all good
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You can mention if it it links directly to your course choice, but don't specifically name it or link it. Talk about posts you've written and the research you did to write them and why they were interesting
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (675)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (856)
42.63%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.53%

Watched Threads