The Student Room Group

People making fun of me for having a cheap phone

They were just saying it’s **** and just taking the piss out of it. Calling me a cheapskate and stuff. I told them how much it was then they all was laughing and I feel extremely self conscious about having a cheap phone and I can’t stop stressing about it everyday. I think it’s a Samsung A21S

Scroll to see replies

If anything a cheaper phone is better because you don't lose £1000 if someone steals it or it breaks
Who cares what they think. I HAD A NOKIA in year 11, just pretended I was a trapper.
Who CARES? A phones a phone!
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Who cares what they think. I HAD A NOKIA in year 11, just pretended I was a trapper.

I’m 22
Reply 5
Original post by Joseph Green
If anything a cheaper phone is better because you don't lose £1000 if someone steals it or it breaks

It was £149, I’m quite ashamed of it now this why I’m anon
Reply 6
Original post by setarexhx
Who CARES? A phones a phone!

Everyone cares clearly
It was £149, I’m quite ashamed of it now this why I’m anon

You just happen to know *****y people. My phone is only £300-£400 and noone else gives a damn
I’m 22

And what, Dw about what they think, it's not like a phone determines your worth as a person
Uhh let me guess they had iphones? :rolleyes:

Spoiler

2 things.
- I have a worse phone (A01) and it got a complement by a friend.
- Those people likely have £800 iPhones which they only use for social media and nothing else. Terrible value considering our £50 to £150 do the job well as it is.

Also, I had a Nokia brick and got made fun of, but I got along with the banter.
Original post by sunny.side.up
Uhh let me guess they had iphones? :rolleyes:

Spoiler

Some of them had iPhones but some had like them Samsung s20s
Original post by dropdehbombman
2 things.
- I have a worse phone (A01) and it got a complement by a friend.
- Those people likely have £800 iPhones which they only use for social media and nothing else. Terrible value considering our £50 to £150 do the job well as it is.

Also, I had a Nokia brick and got made fun of, but I got along with the banter.

But 150 phones are plastics that’s what people was saying
Original post by saji13
And what, Dw about what they think, it's not like a phone determines your worth as a person

I feel like it is because I just look like a cheap skate sat there with a cheap phone
Original post by Joseph Green
You just happen to know *****y people. My phone is only £300-£400 and noone else gives a damn

It’s double the price of mine
I feel like it is because I just look like a cheap skate sat there with a cheap phone

Just tell them you invest in more worthwhile things, Idk like clothes and stuff you care about. You can have money but doesn't mean you have class..
I’m really sorry. Some people are just annoying like that.

Perhaps a fancy phone case might help?
Original post by saji13
Just tell them you invest in more worthwhile things, Idk like clothes and stuff you care about. You can have money but doesn't mean you have class..

I don’t wear good clothes either tbh, I wear Slazenger ahhh it’s so embarrassing. I’m saving up for a car though
Original post by summerberry19
I’m really sorry. Some people are just annoying like that.

Perhaps a fancy phone case might help?

Could you find some for me please then and link them? It’s a Samsung a21s I think
Should be making fun of them for wasting money on something useless lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending