Among Us sucks - Unpopular Opinion?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
This is my personal opinion but I do think this game is somewhat overrated. But being overrated does not mean it is bad. It just means people are ignoring the flaws of the game. I personally like this game. But the amount of people that I have run into saying that this is the best game of all time is a huge stretch. Especially how mainstream it is. I hope this game doesn't become fortnite. But so far, it is. Especially the toxicity in this game. I have run into so many toxic people that I just quit playing the game a week ago. I completely deleted it. And now it's becoming way more annoying. The majority of content creators are now only making Among Us videos. And it's fine but it gets to a point where it just becomes annoying. Especially now the people who take this game seriously. I will never understand that. Hopefully someone will understand my frustrations with the game.

I feel all of this behaviour in game is brought up a level by the rapant autism rates in among us players?

Do you agree?
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
I like the game but it’s definitely not the best game ever. Not sure why you’ve linked it to autism though :curious:

And why is this thread in relationships?
username5409490
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
This is my personal opinion but I do think this game is somewhat overrated. But being overrated does not mean it is bad. It just means people are ignoring the flaws of the game. I personally like this game. But the amount of people that I have run into saying that this is the best game of all time is a huge stretch. Especially how mainstream it is. I hope this game doesn't become fortnite. But so far, it is. Especially the toxicity in this game. I have run into so many toxic people that I just quit playing the game a week ago. I completely deleted it. And now it's becoming way more annoying. The majority of content creators are now only making Among Us videos. And it's fine but it gets to a point where it just becomes annoying. Especially now the people who take this game seriously. I will never understand that. Hopefully someone will understand my frustrations with the game.

I feel all of this behaviour in game is brought up a level by the rapant autism rates in among us players?

Do you agree?
It's a game based on addiction and competition like most games these days. Both reduce the fun factor, so it's deffo not that good, hence why I've never played it.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Mesopotamian.)
I like the game but it’s definitely not the best game ever. Not sure why you’ve linked it to autism though :curious:

And why is this thread in relationships?
Idk just most players are quite toxic has been my main experience, that is all

would rather cod type toxic not this ****
Summerneive
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Idk never will and never have played it.
CosmicApathy1
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Do you agree?
You just lost all credibility with whatever ******** you were spouting.
Foxehh
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I personally like the game a lot.
If you dont like that certain content creators are making videos on it, simple fix- watch other stuff.
izyz
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by CosmicApathy1)
You just lost all credibility with whatever ******** you were spouting.
Kinda rude but ok.
izyz
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by LovelyMrFox)
I personally like the game a lot.
If you dont like that certain content creators are making videos on it, simple fix- watch other stuff.
Yes I guess i agree slightly with ts.

Just for me the game kinda gets boring, but it depends who youre playing with
khadijaaaxxxx
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
among us has nothing to do with autism....
ozzyoscy
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
- Wants to be edgy

- Also writes a paragraph about a kids' / family game in the relationships forum of a student website

- Anonymously
username612415
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
OP: I'm not saying Among Us is bad
Thread title written by OP five minutes before: Among Us sucks

Christ what a sh*tshow of a thread.
fallen_acorns
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Isn’t it just werewolf/mafia in video game form?

If so, then how good it is would depend entirely on who your playing with. I can’t imagine that playing those type of games with random people online is in anyway rewarding, but with a group of friends? Should be a laugh
Stiff Little Fingers
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by fallen_acorns)

If so, then how good it is would depend entirely on who your playing with. I can’t imagine that playing those type of games with random people online is in anyway rewarding, but with a group of friends? Should be a laugh
Essentially yes - it's a hidden role game. Get matched with random people and it's kinda crap, the fun of it comes in playing on voice chat with friends and kinda testing how well you know each other (particularly how each of you lies)
ozzyoscy
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by fallen_acorns)

It reminds me of Assassin's Creed's old multiplayer, or The Ship, where you had to look like an NPC while secretly assassinating other players.

If you like multiplayer games where you're sneaky and outsmart people, this is great. Granted at certain times (ahem, school hours) the IQ is rock bottom anyway as people just blurt out random colours, accuse everyone and vote everyone randomly.
deadroseex
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I mean when I played, I couldn't figure out what to do at all so lmfaooo
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
It's Wink Murder for the 21st century.
izyz
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by deadroseex)
I mean when I played, I couldn't figure out what to do at all so lmfaooo
too true

lol
kingofiqtests
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I mean your opinion is your opinion even if it is unpopular
MrYellow2
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I ran into the thing that made me eecude to delete it an entire server of teamers I'm autistic btw I let u away with it BC I see where you're coming from lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (56)
12.33%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (8)
1.76%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (122)
26.87%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (41)
9.03%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (212)
46.7%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
3.3%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise