not motivated to do university work

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So I'm in my second year of university as an apprentice software engineer and I've been finding it hard to stay motivated. In both work and uni I feel like I've been doing nothing but the bare minimum. I'm already behind on my assignments and I'm going to use my annual leave to catch up because, you know I at least don't want to lose my job.
What I want to ask is how do I stay motivated. Not just short bursts of motivation followed by long slumps of minimum effort. But continuously motivated to do better. And not just in my work. Some days I just don't get out of bed. All the times I've called in sick to work I was never actually sick but just didn't feel like I could really do anything then.
Sometimes I feel like I'm probably just really lazy.
How can I be more diligent when I feel like this?
0le
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Set yourself manageable goals. Don't try and do something absurd like, as a general example, ten hours a day for months on end. Set something ridiculously basic like 15-30 minutes of study a day + attending work/lectures/training etc.

If you manage that for several days, try and build it up until you find a limit that you are comfortable with.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (549)
34.01%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (665)
41.2%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (327)
20.26%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (73)
4.52%

Watched Threads