☁️Etsy shop tips☁️

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I’m thinking of selling pamper boxes,lipgloss bundles and lip scrubs on Etsy,is it worth it? What if I buy all the things I need for it but then no one buys it then I get money taken off my credit card because I put up a listing for the product? Helppppp.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
That's the risk you take when you start a business. If you can't afford to lose the money you'll be paying out on stock etc, don't do it. Research your market, see what the competition is like and make sure you are pricing items accordingly.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Surnia)
That's the risk you take when you start a business. If you can't afford to lose the money you'll be paying out on stock etc, don't do it. Research your market, see what the competition is like and make sure you are pricing items accordingly.
Okay thanks!
fallen_acorns
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I use Etsy a lot for presents for my wife, mother and other family.

I’d generally say that bad pictures and descriptions that aren’t clear are the two things that makes me quickly turn off an item. The next thing after that is good reviews, but that will naturally take time to build up. Also organise your store well because lots of people like me will see something that’s similar to what I want, and then click on the seller to see what else they have. It’s a pain in the arse though when sellers don’t put things in catagories/label them properly.

Also make sure you have postage down.. doesn’t matter how good your items are, if they are always slow to post, people will give up on you.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by fallen_acorns)
I use Etsy a lot for presents for my wife, mother and other family.

I’d generally say that bad pictures and descriptions that aren’t clear are the two things that makes me quickly turn off an item. The next thing after that is good reviews, but that will naturally take time to build up. Also organise your store well because lots of people like me will see something that’s similar to what I want, and then click on the seller to see what else they have. It’s a pain in the arse though when sellers don’t put things in catagories/label them properly.

Also make sure you have postage down.. doesn’t matter how good your items are, if they are always slow to post, people will give up on you.
Ok,thanks!
SmartUnicorn
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You could sell on Depop too
Anonymous #1
(Original post by SmartUnicorn)
You could sell on Depop too
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (545)
33.91%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (662)
41.19%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (327)
20.35%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (73)
4.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed