The Student Room Group

My girlfriend wants a puppy

My girlfriend wants a puppy, should I let her get one. We live together btw.
Reply 1
We are both students at uni.
I don't see why not. If you are both ready for the responsibilities and neither of you is allergic to them, go for it.
No puppy mate
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
No puppy mate

Why not?
Girls acting weird about puppy I seen a lot of videos on Facebook about boyfriend making a prank about the puppy both they have on his girlfriend omg she said a lot of bad word for her boyfriend and she said if you real you Sold out our puppy i don't want to be with you anymore and stuff like this
Reply 6
Original post by deepinblank
Girls acting weird about puppy I seen a lot of videos on Facebook about boyfriend making a prank about the puppy both they have on his girlfriend omg she said a lot of bad word for her boyfriend and she said if you real you Sold out our puppy i don't want to be with you anymore and stuff like this

Not heard about this.
Can you both give enough time to look after a dog? And what will happen if you break up? Does your flat/house allow dogs etc, if it’s rented?

There are loads of practical considerations, but if they all check out then get her a puppy. If not a hamster/guinea pug/rabbit etc would be much easier and less of a commitment
Reply 8
Just bare in mind that someone will have to look after the critter for a decade or two, whether you're together or not. Pet's not just being a passing fad but a serious commitment.
Reply 9
As fallen acorns says, but also what about the costs? Equipment, food, insurance, vet bills.
I can't believe they let you in University. Get a hamster.
Original post by Ivartheboneless
I can't believe they let you in University. Get a hamster.

How do you knows he's in a uni?
Original post by deadroseex
How do you knows he's in a uni?

I read the second post. How do you know op is a 'he'?
It depends on how much time you can expend; what the rules are where you're living and whether you're going to stay together.
Original post by Ivartheboneless
I read the second post. How do you know op is a 'he'?

Heteronormative yeah.
get her a plant and see if she can keep it alive for a month first lol.

Quick Reply

Latest