Maintaining long term relationships

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Does anyone else find it hard to maintain long term relationships?

Some people that you develop friendships with or relationships expect you to make most of the effort within it.

The longest time I've managed to have someon who I hung out with regular was for a year & it's starting to become depressing.

I feel like I'm just boring.

But compared to other people I know that I'm not THAT boring.

I just struggle with overthinking things, relationships, thoughts, what I'm going to say.

And that really affects maintaining relationships.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
omg same. My first relationship ended after 2 months lol. Like I was so insecure and I felt like I was boring but I know I'm not. However, I haven't been in a relationship for around 2 years since my first one ended and I honestly feel good. Like even though I feel like I have commitment issues, I have taken this time to work on myself and just improve my self-confidence without needing anyone's validation. Now I feel like I am ready to go into one because I'm not that insecure anymore.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
omg same. My first relationship ended after 2 months lol. Like I was so insecure and I felt like I was boring but I know I'm not. However, I haven't been in a relationship for around 2 years since my first one ended and I honestly feel good. Like even though I feel like I have commitment issues, I have taken this time to work on myself and just improve my self-confidence without needing anyone's validation. Now I feel like I am ready to go into one because I'm not that insecure anymore.
lol it's just about finding the right person! who hits back with the same energy

But before like you said, if you put yourself first & build yourself to be a better and more confident person than before, you'll be able to make decisions like that well.

You realise you don't need someone elses' validation.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
Same. My longest relationship is 1 month and we broke up on our one month so haha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (727)
33.85%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (920)
42.83%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (407)
18.95%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (94)
4.38%

Watched Threads