at what time will it have upwards velocity of u/4

Watch
HowQuestionMark
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I have question a level physics revision workbook. That doesn't make any sense to me:

A projectile is fired vertically upwards with an initial velocity u at time t it has upwards velocity of u/2 at what time will it have upwards velocity u/4.

I checked the answers at the back but it is not clear it says the answer is 3/2t.

But there is not much working and most of explaining where they get the numbers from is skipped. Can someone explain this question to me and how to get an answer?
mqb2766
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by DavySp)
I have question a level physics revision workbook. That doesn't make any sense to me:

A projectile is fired vertically upwards with an initial velocity u at time t it has upwards velocity of u/2 at what time will it have upwards velocity u/4.

I checked the answers at the back but it is not clear it says the answer is 3/2t.

But there is not much working and most of explaining where they get the numbers from is skipped. Can someone explain this question to me and how to get an answer?
It just uses
v = u + at
Every t/2, the speed reduces by u/4, as the relationship is linear.
HowQuestionMark
Rep:
?
(Original post by mqb2766)
It just uses
v = u + at
Every t/2, the speed reduces by u/4, as the relationship is linear.
so every 1t the velocity will half?
mqb2766
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The velocity will reduce by u/2 every t.
HowQuestionMark
Rep:
?
o

(Original post by mqb2766)
The velocity will reduce by u/2 every t.
ok thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (605)
33.84%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (749)
41.89%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (354)
19.8%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (80)
4.47%

Watched Threads