The university I'm applying for does not accept BTEC?

Watch
JKnight131
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So recently I've been looking through the SFU admission and there doesn't seem to be a BTEC level 3 in their admission requirement. Is it nearly impossible for me to apply? Or should convert my BTEC grades into UCAS points or GPA in able to have my full results to get to SFU or any other universities?
I'm currently in year 12 taking AS level Maths, BTEC Business and BTEC Computer science and I'm looking forward to take all 3 subjects for next year.
In addition, I don't think all universities have consideration over UCAS points than GPA ( correct me if I'm wrong ).

Many thanks to those who can help!
Last edited by JKnight131; 3 weeks ago
JKnight131
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Many thanks to those who can help!
con2021
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Is this an American university you're talking about? If so, you'd have to email them directly to ask if they would accept a BTEC for the course you want to do. A few people from my college have got in to American universities before but I'm not really sure what the process was.
JKnight131
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by con2021)
Is this an American university you're talking about? If so, you'd have to email them directly to ask if they would accept a BTEC for the course you want to do. A few people from my college have got in to American universities before but I'm not really sure what the process was.
It's a Canadian University but thanks for your reply.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (484)
33.63%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (595)
41.35%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (295)
20.5%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (65)
4.52%

Watched Threads