The Student Room Group

Nursing

Hello, so I want to be an adult nurse and I'm a bit confused to which route to choose... as far as I'm aware the 3 popular routes to get to adult nursing (pls correct me if I'm wrong):
1. you leave college and go to uni for 3 years
2. you complete apprenticeship in nursing which lasts for 4 years
3. after you finish college you go on to do foundation degree for 2 year and then go to uni to do another 2 years instead of 3 years.

I honestly have no clue which route to go... I was thinking of route 3 but I'll have to play around £6000 and pay another for uni as well+ overall its 4 years. Can someone please help me!!
Original post by gjessica
Hello, so I want to be an adult nurse and I'm a bit confused to which route to choose... as far as I'm aware the 3 popular routes to get to adult nursing (pls correct me if I'm wrong):
1. you leave college and go to uni for 3 years
2. you complete apprenticeship in nursing which lasts for 4 years
3. after you finish college you go on to do foundation degree for 2 year and then go to uni to do another 2 years instead of 3 years.

I honestly have no clue which route to go... I was thinking of route 3 but I'll have to play around £6000 and pay another for uni as well+ overall its 4 years. Can someone please help me!!

Gjessica

There are a variety of options - have you been to college all ready?

In terms of adult nursing at university, modern nursing programs teach you about the different area's of nursing with a focus on the one of your choice, for instance you will also learn a lot about mental health nursing on an Adult Nursing program. Nursing is very competitive, with about 400 applicants out of 2000 applicants getting a place at some Universities - many of them have done an Access to HE Nursing and Midwifery course which has a solid history of preparing applicants for their 3 years at University

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending