The Student Room Group

UBS Video Interview Questions

Hi Guys,

I applied to the UBS Graduate Management Consulting Programme and have the SONRU video Interview to do.

I was wondering if anyone who has applied to this programme, or another at UBS, has done the video interview. If so, what questions were you asked and was it more technical or competency based?

Thank you very much

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi there!I applied for the same programme and also have the video interview to do before next Monday.I was wondering if you the video interview already? If so, how did it go? Good for you I hope! Do you remember the questions you were being asked?Best of luck if you haven't done the interview yet or if you're waiting for an answer!Many thanks in advance for your help and tips
Reply 2
Have either of you now sat the video interview? Have mine this week so grateful for any tips/insight on questions you may have...Many thanks!
Reply 3
Original post by celia34
Hi there!I applied for the same programme and also have the video interview to do before next Monday.I was wondering if you the video interview already? If so, how did it go? Good for you I hope! Do you remember the questions you were being asked?Best of luck if you haven't done the interview yet or if you're waiting for an answer!Many thanks in advance for your help and tips

Hi,
I'm guessing you have done the interview by now. Could you please tell us about it? Have mine this week
Reply 4
Hi guys,
I sat the video interview yesterday, got 8 questions. For each of them, you have 1mn to prepare it and 2mns to reply.
I suggest you take the practice interview many times before, it is a good exercise to see if you are prepared enough and if your answers are developed enough or not too developed! (in my case, the answers I prepared were too long and took me more than 2mns so I had to shorten them).
You can practice as many times as you want and it gives you a good sneak pick of the questions that are asked.
You should dress up, look straight into the camera as if you had someone in front of you.
I advise you to write down your "success stories" before doing the interview, you'll be able to use them and to adapt them to the questions, as the minute given to prepare is (in my opinion) not enough to build a story and to give a structured answer
Also, the last question is "you have 2mns to tell us whatever you want", so you have the chance to express all the skills you didn't get to tell them about in the previous questions

Best of luck to both of you!
Has anyone heard back from their video interview?
Reply 6
Haven't heard back from mine yet
Reply 7
Anyone know what kind of questions came up? Have the interview in a week.
Reply 8
has anyone heard back from UBS for management consulting programme ?
Reply 9
Original post by Hind778
has anyone heard back from UBS for management consulting programme ?

Hey, I’m on the wealth management. I haven’t heard back I’ve been trying to find an active thread for UBS graduate scheme but there is literally none.
Reply 10
Haven't hear back from the video interview as well. Did back in October (beginning).
Reply 11
Anyone heard back? I applied for Wealth Management but I saw someone got rejected for Management Consulting Grad
Reply 12
Hi - I was wondering if anyone had completed the UBS sonru interview and knew what the questions were like? I selected Global Markets as my preferred stream. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Original post by ccrr66
Hi - I was wondering if anyone had completed the UBS sonru interview and knew what the questions were like? I selected Global Markets as my preferred stream. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Hi is it for full time grad or internship ?
Reply 14
this is for the internship but I feel the questions may be similar. thanks :smile:
Questions about current affairs and basic competency questions like tell me a time when you had to organise something/ something didn’t go as planned and how did you react. There will be 8 questions in total :smile:
What is the next round after the video interview?
Original post by ccrr66

Hey I did mine like 3 Wks ago so can’t remember that well but like someone else said it’s competency based, make sure you have some facts about the firm available to reference just in case, and some experiences that you feel may translate well over to your particular role
Original post by Tammy1705
What is the next round after the video interview?

For FT it’s the assessment centre. Did you apply for the internship? I guess internship people will have a telephone interview round after the video interview and then the assessment centre
Original post by Zxphyrs
Hey I did mine like 3 Wks ago so can’t remember that well but like someone else said it’s competency based, make sure you have some facts about the firm available to reference just in case, and some experiences that you feel may translate well over to your particular role

Did you apply for the internship as well ? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest