Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i was just sat watching tv with them and my dad told my mum that he'd left something (a light shade or something) near a lamp but out of sight at the top of the stairs which i usually switch on (to check my hamster lol) and he said it got burnt. my mum stood and and called me a stupid ***** screaming and ran upstairs to check she came back down and called me a f.... ***** again and i just replyed 'i didn't even know it was there t***' and my mum started hitting me i just tried to block then my dad shot up and said hes sick of me calling her and said it'd only take one punch to knock me out blah blah like a imature teenager.
    i admit my whole families imature including me but who's in the right and wrong here? does anyone elses father threaten them?

ReputationRep:
    how old r u alio?

ReputationRep:
    No, i've never been threatened like that - usually just used to get hit first, but that was rare too.

Does he actually hit often, is this not worth reporting if it's been going on for a long time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    i was just sat watching tv with them and my dad told my mum that he'd left something (a light shade or something) near a lamp but out of sight at the top of the stairs which i usually switch on (to check my hamster lol) and he said it got burnt. my mum stood and and called me a stupid ***** screaming and ran upstairs to check she came back down and called me a f.... ***** again and i just replyed 'i didn't even know it was there t***' and my mum started hitting me i just tried to block then my dad shot up and said hes sick of me calling her and said it'd only take one punch to knock me out blah blah like a imature teenager.
    i admit my whole families imature including me but who's in the right and wrong here? does anyone elses father threaten them?
    im assuming you're over 18. in which case you can helpfully remind them that hitting you is assault and can lead to a jail sentence.

that oughta shut them up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    im assuming you're over 18. in which case you can helpfully remind them that hitting you is assault and can lead to a jail sentence.

that oughta shut them up
    even if shes under 18 its still assualt and that can still land her parents in jail

ReputationRep:
    if that doesnt shut them up, kick whoever is hitting u in the crotch and run like hell...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lessthanthree)
    oh, and don't swear at your parents if you're going to take the moral highground. ever.
    but i cant stand being called a ***** it really annoys me i tell them their imature but they can't help it they just think like kids! if my mum starts hitting me and i dare to even block my dad jumps up and starts in order to defend her :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    but i cant stand being called a ***** it really annoys me i tell them their imature but they can't help it they just think like kids! if my mum starts hitting me and i dare to even block my dad jumps up and starts in order to defend her :confused:
    Move out!!! :creep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    you could ring the police.

more fun, is to go off the deep end and just destroy them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaq)
    even if shes under 18 its still assualt and that can still land her parents in jail
    overall though, their letting me live here rent free, spent loadsa money on me etc wouldn't the police take this generosity into account?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    overall though, their letting me live here rent free, spent loadsa money on me etc wouldn't the police take this generosity into account?
    no. violence isnt lessened because they buy you stuff at xmas!

i'd be using some weapons myself if my parents tried to pull that sort of trick. they wouldnt do it to other people, why should they be allowed to use force on you? i'd be raging.

ReputationRep:
    I get called MUCH worse than a ***** at times without having done anything wrong. It still doesn't justify swearing at your parents because you're bringing yourself down to their level.

Block? or hit back? Are you taking a defensive or aggressive stance when she slaps/hits...Do you ever just get up and leave when she hits? [i'm not defending parents actions, but sometimes we don't get the full story in these cases, and I'm trying to work it out a little]
    to be honest instead of walking away i call them but no worse then they call me but i never try to hit them back. its just that my dads threat gets me really mad expecially when the incident was totally his own fault

ReputationRep:
    :\

I'm sorry.

The thing is, if you report this, they could just as easily say to the police that you are abusive and stuff. and to be honest, they sound like the sort that'd lie about it.

Why not give childline a call and see what they think you should do?
    thanks but im 19 lol :creep: yea to be honest im not sure whether they'd lie but their really weird in a way that they can be so nice and seem like cool parents but there both really impatient and will be violent. my mums a nurse and acts all gentle etc outside but its hard to believe how she can change if she doesn't get her own way :confused: same with my dad its really decieving

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JenniferPowers)
    You're right. Everyone does sound pretty immature. I agree that if you want to be deemed the sane and mature one you shouldn't swear or raise your voice, it really does add fuel to it. It sounds like none of you are angels in the situation.

In no way do I condone domestic violence, but looking back, a hit here or there hasn't done me any harm, and parents can threaten things in the heat of the moment, they probably wouldn't do it. I think it's **** suggesting you should go to the police. It would make things worse, ultimately you will regret it. Remember it's a hard job being a parent. And overall...if you don't like home....MOVE OUT! It's always as simple as that!

I've no doubt I'll get a lot of abuse for what I've said....but I just felt that it was unfair for people to latch on to this one sided account and tell you to go to the police.
    its called assault.

ReputationRep:
    they won't mind you being 19, you're still in a parental situation i guess.

hmmmmmm., Ionno what to suggest, I think if you bring anger management up to them they'll go a bit mad.
    theyd put a friendly act on lol i swear there not normal

ReputationRep:
    I really think you speak to them about it- not only might this sort it out but it will also annoy the hell out of them. Kill them by embarassment, I say. You're not in the wrong- to get that annoyed over a light being burnt? I'd say that was being in the wrong. Remember to speak calmly and concisely, it will really get them choking in a realisation that they are immature little parents

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JenniferPowers)
    You're right. Everyone does sound pretty immature. I agree that if you want to be deemed the sane and mature one you shouldn't swear or raise your voice, it really does add fuel to it. It sounds like none of you are angels in the situation.

In no way do I condone domestic violence, but looking back, a hit here or there hasn't done me any harm, and parents can threaten things in the heat of the moment, they probably wouldn't do it. I think it's **** suggesting you should go to the police. It would make things worse, ultimately you will regret it. Remember it's a hard job being a parent. And overall...if you don't like home....MOVE OUT! It's always as simple as that!

I've no doubt I'll get a lot of abuse for what I've said....but I just felt that it was unfair for people to latch on to this one sided account and tell you to go to the police.
    no i understand what your saying, your right i should move out if i don't like it and thats the parents side of it, the thing is though they seem to think that because im living in their property they can blame me for stuff thats entirely their fault. i think they do this to avoid falling out with each other.
    When i get annoyed at stuff like them throwing my stuff out etc they just laugh and don't expect me to get mad, yet when they get mad everything is my fault.
    i admit ive no where else to go and so need to live here but there making it difficult

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    no i understand what your saying, your right i should move out if i don't like it and thats the parents side of it, the thing is though they seem to think that because im living in their property they can blame me for stuff thats entirely their fault. i think they do this to avoid falling out with each other.
    When i get annoyed at stuff they do like throwing my stuff out etc they just laugh and don't expect me to get mad, yet when they get mad everything is my fault.
    i admit ive no where else to go and so need to live here but there making it difficult
    are you the only child???I mean do you have any siblings??

ReputationRep:
    Well, after i learned the Law (Law 12) my dad thought twice about kicking me out or threatening me. Now, he just makes my life horrible so that i want to move out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glance)
    I really think you speak to them about it- not only might this sort it out but it will also annoy the hell out of them. Kill them by embarassment, I say. You're not in the wrong- to get that annoyed over a light being burnt? I'd say that was being in the wrong. Remember to speak calmly and concisely, it will really get them choking in a realisation that they are immature little parents
    i do do this but they realise and say 'enough with this psychology crap ure a *****/freak etc' and if i ignore it there satisfied but i always want revenge why should they get away with it?

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.