Guys, be honest ...

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Do you take ages to reply to someone you like via text, if so, how long?
Or do you reply straight away to a text from someone you like?
Mr. Obama
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Nobody texts me, so I can't really respond. But sometimes people who do not want to appear desperate or like to play hard to get will take longer to reply.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Mr. Obama)
Nobody texts me, so I can't really respond. But sometimes people who do not want to appear desperate or like to play hard to get will take longer to reply.
wht if someone takes like 24hrs to reply?
Mr. Obama
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
wht if someone takes like 24hrs to reply?
There's a possibility they might be busy, might not have seen your text or are just being rude and don't want to respond, they also might not know how, depending on what you wrote.
ChickenMadness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Sometimes, depends on so many different factors lol. I might be sleepy so I reply to them the next day. Or I might not be in the mood to talk to anyone that day. I might be busy working. Or I might be busy having fun. And if someone messages me on my phone I'll probably never reply because I barely ever use my phone. I literally only check my PC for facebook messages usually. If I like someone I usually make an effort to see if I've got any messages once a day though.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Mr. Obama)
There's a possibility they might be busy, might not have seen your text or are just being rude and don't want to respond, they also might not know how, depending on what you wrote.
(Original post by ChickenMadness)
Sometimes, depends on so many different factors lol. I might be sleepy so I reply to them the next day. Or I might not be in the mood to talk to anyone that day. I might be busy working. Or I might be busy having fun. And if someone messages me on my phone I'll probably never reply because I barely ever use my phone. I literally only check my PC for facebook messages usually. If I like someone I usually make an effort to see if I've got any messages once a day though.
:thumbsup:
FakeNewsEditor
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I reply as soon as I see it and am not busy. I don't get people who take a day to reply unless it's for very specific reasons (emergencies). I don't like such people.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by FakeNewsEditor)
I reply as soon as I see it and am not busy. I don't get people who take a day to reply unless it's for very specific reasons (emergencies). I don't like such people.
ok, thx u. guess the guy isn't interested. he took 24hrs to reply, and apologised for the late reply, saying he was busy at work, aka, not interested i reckon
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
Do you take ages to reply to someone you like via text, if so, how long?
Or do you reply straight away to a text from someone you like?
Yeah I usually wait like 5-10 minutes to open. Never open straight away.
Anonymous #1
Yeah I usually wait like 5-10 minutes to open. Never open straight away.
he took 20 mins to open one, but took 24hrs to reply, wht does this mean, is he playing hard to get, or not interested
FakeNewsEditor
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
ok, thx u. guess the guy isn't interested. he took 24hrs to reply, and apologised for the late reply, saying he was busy at work, aka, not interested i reckon
I explicitly said I'd reply as soon as I see it if I am not busy. And that's me, plenty of people are very different. I don't like girls who consistently respond to me 3 days later because they had to finish work.

I do not know whether he's interested in you.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by FakeNewsEditor)
I explicitly said I'd reply as soon as I see it if I am not busy. And that's me, plenty of people are very different. I don't like girls who consistently respond to me 3 days later because they had to finish work.

I do not know whether he's interested in you.
ok, thx u, i dont like guys who consistently take ages to respond either!
sending a text literally takes a couple of minutes, so if he can't spare me that amount of time, he obvs isn't interested
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (622)
33.73%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (776)
42.08%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.74%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads