The Student Room Group

Mistake in personal statement (wrong information)

Okay so I sent off my ucas application already and I was just on YouTube watching Richard Dawkins talks when I realised the lecture I had already watched by him AND mentioned in my personal statement is not called what I thought it was. In my personal statement I called it 'origin of life' but turns out there's no lecture with that name that exists it was actually called "growing up in the universe". I don't even know how I made this mistake at all. I don't know what to do now, would i be rejected from all of my unis now?
It feels like a Mandela effect to me because I always thought they're called origin of life series, I dont know where I even got it from. How grave is this mistake?
Original post by Izuko
Okay so I sent off my ucas application already and I was just on YouTube watching Richard Dawkins talks when I realised the lecture I had already watched by him AND mentioned in my personal statement is not called what I thought it was. In my personal statement I called it 'origin of life' but turns out there's no lecture with that name that exists it was actually called "growing up in the universe". I don't even know how I made this mistake at all. I don't know what to do now, would i be rejected from all of my unis now?
It feels like a Mandela effect to me because I always thought they're called origin of life series, I dont know where I even got it from. How grave is this mistake?

Honestly, it's unlikely that unis will notice this or be bothered by it- unless they are unis that interview? If so, I would just mention the mistake if it comes up at interview.

You are very, very unlikely to be rejected because of this.
Reply 2
Original post by SarcAndSpark
Honestly, it's unlikely that unis will notice this or be bothered by it- unless they are unis that interview? If so, I would just mention the mistake if it comes up at interview.

You are very, very unlikely to be rejected because of this.

Thank youu that's quite reassuring, I'm applying to Oxford and they interview and Richard dawkins himself went there so i feel like they might be experts on this. Luckily I found his panels where he does speak of the origin of life and after watching it my personal statement still makes sense so I hope I can get away with it.
Thank you for replying xx
They'll be much more interested in what you discussed as having learnt or enjoyed about the lecture rather than the title of the talk. They're not going to go away and check it so I wouldn't worry about the error.
Reply 4
Original post by Admit-One
They'll be much more interested in what you discussed as having learnt or enjoyed about the lecture rather than the title of the talk. They're not going to go away and check it so I wouldn't worry about the error.

Thank you so much :smile: it really helps ease my nerves xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending