username5453486
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Predicted grades BCC (psych,bio,chem) will i get offers for pharmacy?

Side note: these aren't really "predictions" my college is using our target grades (based on gcses) as our predictions.
Justthoughts17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Nono2003)
Predicted grades BCC (psych,bio,chem) will i get offers for pharmacy?

Side note: these aren't really "predictions" my college is using our target grades (based on gcses) as our predictions.
Yes
username5453486
Rep:
?
(Original post by Justthoughts17)
Yes
Thank you for your reply.. do you know of any specific unis which do?
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you are way below the entry requirements, Universities will not care how those grades were arrived at, especially since both your sciences are weak.

Look for a science Foundation course that could lead to a full MPharm - ie. https://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/u...course-profile
username5453486
Rep:
?
(Original post by McGinger)
If you are way below the entry requirements, Universities will not care how those grades were arrived at, especially since both your sciences are weak.

Look for a science Foundation course that could lead to a full MPharm - ie. https://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/u...course-profile
How about if the requirements were BBB or BBC.. am i more likely to get an offer?
McGinger
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do you met the entry requirements for the 4 year degree?
username5453486
Rep:
?
Do you met the entry requirements for the 4 year degree?
I meant to say.. some unis offer BBB to BBC for the 4 year MPharm course.. so if my predicted is BCC will they still offer me a place?
McGinger
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I meant to say.. some unis offer BBB to BBC for the 4 year MPharm course.. so if my predicted is BCC will they still offer me a place?
Probably not. You are TWO grades below their requirements. You'll be bottom of the heap for an offer, if tey consider you at all. And, even if they didi make you an offer, you'd still have to meet their requirements in August - if the offer is BBB and you get BCC, it'll be a No.

Which Uni offers an MPharm for BBB/BBC?
Derwsss
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Probably not. You are TWO grades below their requirements. You'll be bottom of the heap for an offer, if tey consider you at all. And, even if they didi make you an offer, you'd still have to meet their requirements in August - if the offer is BBB and you get BCC, it'll be a No.

Aston, I know someone who got in with CCC.
username5453486
Rep:
?

Uclan: BBB
Liverpool john moores, wolverhampton and aston: BBB but allow C in chem
McGinger
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Derwsss)
Aston, I know someone who got in with CCC.
First of all - do you mean 'were made a standard offer but with CCC as predicted grades', 'an offer stating CCC as the required grades' , or that they were made a standard offer but were accepted in August with CCC as achieved grades?
username5453486
Rep:
?
Uclan: BBB
Liverpool john moores, wolverhampton and aston: BBB but allow C in chem
Also im more than confident that i can get those grades in august so the actual offer is not an issue for me.. i just want to secure a place so i can work towards that
Derwsss
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
First of all - do you mean 'were made a standard offer but with CCC as predicted grades', 'an offer stating CCC as the required grades' , or that they were made a standard offer but were accepted in August with CCC as achieved grades?
I think they were made an offer of BBC, got in with CCC in August. Besides Aston's requirements are BBB/BBC.

I would say that BCC is unlikely to have Aston give you an offer, as it is 2 grades below the requirements. Maybe DMU?
username5453486
Rep:
?
I think they were made an offer of BBC, got in with CCC in August. Besides Aston's requirements are BBB/BBC.

I would say that BCC is unlikely to have Aston give you an offer, as it is 2 grades below the requirements. Maybe DMU?
How is it 2 grades below? If they allow BBC then BCC is just one grade below isn't it?
Derwsss
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think standard is BBB, BBC is contextual.
username5453486
Rep:
?
I think standard is BBB, BBC is contextual.
Well if BBC was also standard would you think that I would receive an offer?
Derwsss
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It would be worth applying, you are one grade below, however have a look at some other more safer universities with lower requirements or alternative pathways to get to the degree.
username5453486
Rep:
?
It would be worth applying, you are one grade below, however have a look at some other more safer universities with lower requirements or alternative pathways to get to the degree.
I will do - thanks for the reply
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (58)
29.44%
No - I have already returned home (24)
12.18%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (44)
22.34%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (18)
9.14%
No - I live at home during term anyway (53)
26.9%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed