Please please help😭

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I aimed to workout for an hour or two today because of the holidays. so far, I've done maybe 10 minutes worth of actual working out. I want to be skinnier and actually have abs not just two lines. My friend is literally so much skinnier and fitter than me, and she looks taller than me even though she's actually shorter. I can't deal with it anymore. Even her school picture looks nice?
Anyways, can somone yell at me and tell me to workout please?
Anonymous #1
:bump:
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I aimed to workout for an hour or two today because of the holidays. so far, I've done maybe 10 minutes worth of actual working out. I want to be skinnier and actually have abs not just two lines. My friend is literally so much skinnier and fitter than me, and she looks taller than me even though she's actually shorter. I can't deal with it anymore. Even her school picture looks nice?
Go workout you fat lazy ***** or you’re gonna be obese by the end of the year (hope this motivates you)
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago
masturbate u willl get skinnier trust me i m not joking.....
saji13
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Go work outtt!!
DONT BE A LAZY A** LIKE ME
Anonymous #1
Thank you!

Spoiler:
Show
Don't worry about calling me names, I know not to take it personally

Go workout you fat lazy ***** or you’re gonna be obese by the end of the year (hope this motivates you)
Anonymous #1
masturbate u willl get skinnier trust me i m not joking.....
this is just stupid...

(Original post by saji13)
Go work outtt!!
DONT BE A LAZY A** LIKE ME
Thanks!
BenM8
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It hugely depends on your goals.

If you want to lose body fat (I don't like the term 'losing weight' because weight is a combination of fat, bone, muscle, water...), Nutrition is the most important factor. There are hundreds of diets that you could try that probably wont work, but at the end of the day, if you eat more than your body needs, your body is going to want to store it. Also under-eating causes your body to want to retain more of what you eat.
The only diet I can really suggest is the ketogenic diet. It's not a business idea, so it's not luring you in for your money, and I've heard of a lot of successes from taking it.
On the other hand, no 'diet' is going to work in the end. 'Diet' is the idea of eating differently to lose body fat until you get your desired image, and then you stop. The problem is as soon as you stop, the weight goes straight back on. 'You are what you eat'.
This is the main reason that more people aren't in shape: they aren't willing to make the nutritional sacrifice in order to get a nicer looking body. (I include myself in this category!)

In terms of building muscle, you just need a basic understanding of the anatomy: (muscles contract to move your bones), (different muscles move different bones in different ways), (muscles break down when you use them intensely), (when muscles repair, they grow back bigger). So if you want to strengthen your core, for example, you need to know what the core is made of, and how the connections are made.
The core is comprised of:
~
The Rectus Abdominis (Abs) - muscle connecting the upper torso to the pelvis.
If you look up ab exercises, you can see the movement that the abs are responsible for: bringing the torso down towards the legs. (Or the legs up).
~
The External Obliques - the muscle on the side of the abs, pointing down into them.
The connection of the Obliques is quite hard to see, but the effect is rotation. This can be seen in Oblique exercises.
~
As well as many other muscles, but these are the most prominent. Another prominent one is the Internal Obliques, but these can be hit with the same exercises as the external, as they are connected.

For motivation, you need short term and long term goals.
Seeing a visual difference takes time, so a short term goal might be to work out 5 times a week for a month, or something.
Long term goals are where you have your visual changes.
~
When comparing yourself to your friend, you need to be careful. It can be really easy to just give up because you don't think your as good. On the other hand, having a competitive friend can be huge motivation.
Rather than focusing on how you want to look, focus on how you do look, and what you can do about it.

I also want to add something to the social side. If you want to get in shape for yourself, great! Go for it!
But if you want to get into shape for other people, it's not worth it; people generally don't really care, and if they do, they'll get used to it quickly and it won't have been worth the effort.

Best of luck, and I hope this helps.
(Researching this has almost made me want to get back into working out, so thanks )
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (547)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (664)
41.22%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (327)
20.3%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (73)
4.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed