The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Sussex uni offers 2021

Hi, Has anyone received an offer from Sussex uni? I applied for their Psychology with Education course almost 7 weeks ago and haven't heard anything. I went to the virtual open day and asked then when they would be given out offers and they asked me to email them, I emailed and they said they had not yet begun processing offers; this was over 3 weeks ago.

I really hate the waiting game and was thinking about ringing them to ask about my application. Do you think I'm being impatient and should just wait? Or should give them a call?

tia x
Reply 1
bump
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
My daughter applied last week and only had the standard reply confirming receipt of application. Some uni’s seem to be sending out offers very quick... others may sit tight until next year 🙈🤦*♀️
Reply 3
Original post by Amp242
My daughter applied last week and only had the standard reply confirming receipt of application. Some uni’s seem to be sending out offers very quick... others may sit tight until next year 🙈🤦*♀️

What course has she applied for? I applied almost 7 weeks ago now and have 4 offers; I'm just waiting on Sussex and it's beginning to drive me mad! Does your daughter have any offers yet? Best of luck to her.
Reply 4
Original post by maisiex10x
What course has she applied for? I applied almost 7 weeks ago now and have 4 offers; I'm just waiting on Sussex and it's beginning to drive me mad! Does your daughter have any offers yet? Best of luck to her.

Fingers crossed for you! Not had any offers.. think uni’s all waiting to book interviews. Looking to do English Lit and drama/theatre
I got an offer from Sussex for law
I applied at the start of October for Philosophy and got an offer at start of November. I think different departments process applications at different times though
Hi, Has anyone received an offer from Sussex uni? I applied for their Psychology with Education course almost 7 weeks ago and haven't heard anything. I went to the virtual open day and asked then when they would be given out offers and they asked me to email them, I emailed and they said they had not yet begun processing offers; this was over 3 weeks ago.

I really hate the waiting game and was thinking about ringing them to ask about my application. Do you think I'm being impatient and should just wait? Or should give them a call?

tia x

The email I got from Sussex said they were still sorting out current year stuff and would get to processing new offers in a couple of weeks,
Good luck with it all
Reply 8
Original post by matty_draps
The email I got from Sussex said they were still sorting out current year stuff and would get to processing new offers in a couple of weeks,
Good luck with it all

Thanks!! My course got discontinued at Sussex so ended up swapping to Birmingham lol x
Original post by icantanymoreeeee
I got an offer from Sussex for law

What were your UCAS predicted grades cos I’m applying for law but my predicted is BBB and I’m worried about getting an offer currently.
I got an offer from Sussex last week for biochemistry it was ABB but BBB if I make it my firm.
Original post by mosteducated
What were your UCAS predicted grades cos I’m applying for law but my predicted is BBB and I’m worried about getting an offer currently.

My predicted grades are AAB and I'm also doing an EPQ. I was offered AAB but they said if I put them as my firm they would reduce it to ABB. I'm not sure but I did read in other threads that they are quite lenient towards giving offers that are lower than the requirement. Hopefully, you will get an offer soon, so don't worry about it too much😊 What subjects do you do?
My son got the standard offer to study economics after a wait of 14 days since applying. He was also offered one grade lower if he makes Sussex his firm offer. Personally I don’t agree with universities trying to ‘buy’ students by offering lower grades in exchange for making them a firm choice, they should just offer the grades that students will need to do particular courses.
I got my offer in less than a week after I applied.

I got an offer of AAB (ABB if I firm) for Law with American Studies:smile:
Reply 14
Original post by Gooner27
My son got the standard offer to study economics after a wait of 14 days since applying. He was also offered one grade lower if he makes Sussex his firm offer. Personally I don’t agree with universities trying to ‘buy’ students by offering lower grades in exchange for making them a firm choice, they should just offer the grades that students will need to do particular courses.

I sort of agree as no student wants to choose a top uni and have fellow students who have a much lower level of knowledge around them. But I believe a lot of uni’s will offer lower grades if you firm as they feel that student is one they would like on the course even if they fall slightly short on results day eg they may have experience that’s backed up with a strong personal statement etc
Original post by Smouncher
I applied at the start of October for Philosophy and got an offer at start of November. I think different departments process applications at different times though

Hi, out of interest what were the terms of your offer. I was offered BCC for Philosophy if I make them my firm, which has thrown me a bit considering the entry requirements are ABB. Thanks
Original post by Samuel_00072
Hi, out of interest what were the terms of your offer. I was offered BCC for Philosophy if I make them my firm, which has thrown me a bit considering the entry requirements are ABB. Thanks

Hey, mine was BBB if I make them my firm and ABB if they’re not my firm. Maybe they just really like you! 😉👏🏼👏🏼
applied end of Nov for Psychology & NS and got an offer 2 days ago :smile:
AAB, ABB if I firm it which isn't the best but ill take it !

tia x

Hi I applied for Criminology on the 3rd this month and I just got an offer back today !
I got an offer for Music

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending