fat reduction

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I know, spot-reduction is impossible.
But I have tried losing weight from all over, and my thighs are not budging. Do I need to starve to lose weight from my legs?😭
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
But I have tried losing weight from all over, and my thighs are not budging. Do I need to starve to lose weight from my legs?😭
Do squats with weights, you may think this is counterproductive but it builds muscle and tones legs and thighs so the fat is burned off
Anonymous #1
It's a serious question by the way, I don't care it it's because of genetics etc.
Anonymous #1
Do squats with weights, you may think this is counterproductive but it builds muscle and tones legs and thighs so the fat is burned off
I've done that though, I don't want bulky legs, just slimmer thighs. I just need to lose a bit of inner thigh fat near the top of my legs
Anonymous #1
:bump:
Anonymous #1
another:bump:
tbi_zlx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I've done that though, I don't want bulky legs, just slimmer thighs. I just need to lose a bit of inner thigh fat near the top of my legs
Doing what anon #2 said to is actually very effective and does not make legs bulkier
Anonymous #1
(Original post by tbi_zlx)
Doing what anon #2 said to is actually very effective and does not make legs bulkier
that's what happened to me. It made my butt look a bit bigger too, and the last thing I want is a big butt.
Anonymous #1
also I'm looking to make the inner thigs smaller
tbi_zlx
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
that's what happened to me. It made my butt look a bit bigger too, and the last thing I want is a big butt.
Wait is OP guy or girl btw
Anonymous #1
Wait is OP guy or girl btw
I'm a girl, I don't know why that was confusing for you. Not all girls want a big butt.
tbi_zlx
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm a girl, I don't know why that was confusing for you. Not all girls want a big butt.
Nooo cos then its easier to understand lol as the physiology of guys and girls is different
Anonymous #1
Nooo cos then its easier to understand lol as the physiology of guys and girls is different
oh okay, then that's fine.
Well then, do you think I should starve or something similar? Everyone is saying you have to lose fat from everywhere, but it's just not happening.
GabiAbi84
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You cannot lose fat from a single area of your body.
Everyone is different as to where they put on and lose the weight from.
Doing focussed exercise is the only way to target a specific area.
saji13
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Rn i'm trying to do the same thing. I think side leg raises and lunges are effective, at least for me, as well as squats.
tbi_zlx
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
oh okay, then that's fine.
Well then, do you think I should starve or something similar? Everyone is saying you have to lose fat from everywhere, but it's just not happening.
Starving is defo a no go. As a personal trainer myself, starving actually does not reduce your fat levels like that as you have to burn through your carb stores first. Even keto diets etc are not effective. Try including more protein into your diet and healthier fats while reducing other fats and carbs, sleep more, start strength training, have vinegar included in diet, have plenty of fiber, do a lot of cardio and HIIT, drink coffee but not like milky, if you dont want this then healthy drinks etc and if you do want to fast try intermittent fasting not complete starvation
tbi_zlx
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
As far as exercises go ill leave a list here. If you need any more advice feel free to pm.
Squats, lunges, plank leg lifts, single leg deadlifts, bridges, jump rope, step ups and box jumps
Anonymous #1
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
You cannot lose fat from a single area of your body.
Everyone is different as to where they put on and lose the weight from.
Doing focussed exercise is the only way to target a specific area.
I know that.
But the fat is just not budging from there.
gtty123
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Eat in a deficit to lose fat. If you're working out, but eating like crap, you aren't going to lose the fat.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by gtty123)
Eat in a deficit to lose fat. If you're working out, but eating like crap, you aren't going to lose the fat.
That's what I've been doing! No junk food at all either!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (631)
33.55%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (793)
42.16%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (373)
19.83%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (84)
4.47%

Watched Threads