What’s the process of buying a kitten?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thinking of getting one but wandering what happens through the whole process. Do you get checks just to see if you are not a cruel owner who might abuse it or something? I was just thinking that because anyone could just buy on and abuse it. Anyone who’s got one tell me what the whole buying process is. Do they have appointments and check ups just to know that it’s healthy and not being abused?
ReadingMum
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
If you are buying from a backyard breeder type that just does it for the money then there will probably be no home checks - but it will probably not be in the greatest of health. If you are buying from a better breeder or getting from a rescue then you will probably get your home checked out. Rescues want to see that you are not on a busy road, whether you have other pets or young children, etc.
username1339858_
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ReadingMum)
If you are buying from a backyard breeder type that just does it for the money then there will probably be no home checks - but it will probably not be in the greatest of health. If you are buying from a better breeder or getting from a rescue then you will probably get your home checked out. Rescues want to see that you are not on a busy road, whether you have other pets or young children, etc.
They don't always check tbh. Which is a shame.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
The breeder i bought my cat from did not check our home. It depends where you looking to source your kitten from. I personally got really frustrated with Battersea dogs and cats home because everytime new kittens would appear on the website, it would take them a whole week to respond to our rehoming request and the kitten would be rehomed by that time. Plus, they wanted to check our home twice which is so unnecessary. I honestly think there was an element of discrimination involved but nvm.

I now have a beautiful cat through a breeder who did hardly any checks but i trusted as she allowed me to visit her home multiple times to confirm the kitten was healthy. Plus, if you're paying 400£+ for a kitten, you will be allowed to view it as many times as you like to ensure no foul behavior on the breeders behalf.

Saying that, i would encourage you to adopt from a shelter if you can. You might have a better experience than us.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.84%
Okay (109)
28.99%
A bit lacking (140)
37.23%
Not good at all (90)
23.94%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed