Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I don't know what to do. I have to answer 36 questions but I am getting all of them wrong.

I checked YouTube and that's useless because my teacher taught us something completely different.

Could someone do an example for me?
lilo16
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Sorry it looks really weird and confusing typed out but here's this
e.g (2+2x)^7 ===> (7C0)2^7(2x)^0 + (7C1)(2)^6(2x)^1 + (7C2)(2)^5(2x)^2 ...
=128+ 896x + 2688x^2...
Sorry it has some extra ones you don't need to necessarily include but it might help you see the pattern
As per the Pascal's square you'll need to multiply each term by whatever it is for 7. But on your calculator you can just use 7C0, 7C1, 7C2 etc for each term
Then as you can see the power of the 2 decreases every term and the power of 2x increases every term
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by lilo16)
Sorry it looks really weird and confusing typed out but here's this
e.g (2+2x)^7 ===> (7C0)2^7(2x)^0 + (7C1)(2)^6(2x)^1 + (7C2)(2)^5(2x)^2 ...
=128+ 896x + 2688x^2...
Sorry it has some extra ones you don't need to necessarily include but it might help you see the pattern
As per the Pascal's square you'll need to multiply each term by whatever it is for 7. But on your calculator you can just use 7C0, 7C1, 7C2 etc for each term
Then as you can see the power of the 2 decreases every term and the power of 2x increases every term
Thank you so much!! I think I sort of understand a bit better now!! x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (589)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (720)
41.5%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (347)
20%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed