tande33
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi there, I have just received an email from loughborough inviting me to an interview (I have applied for material science) I was not aware they did interviews and was wondering what I should expect (will it be a general conversation about why I chose the subject or an could I be asked to do some problems, more like an Oxbridge interview?) Many thanks!
Loughborough Student Community
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by tande33)
Hi there, I have just received an email from loughborough inviting me to an interview (I have applied for material science) I was not aware they did interviews and was wondering what I should expect (will it be a general conversation about why I chose the subject or an could I be asked to do some problems, more like an Oxbridge interview?) Many thanks!
Hi tande33,

That is great news, congratulations on getting an interview! The interview is likely to be used to highlight any additional information that either couldn’t be included initially or was only mentioned briefly due to space restrictions with the personal statement. We recommend reading back through your personal statement for reference, as the interviewers may use topics you've mentioned as points for discussion. I would also suggest going over some of the tips for preparing for the interview on our website, which you can view here.

Remember, if you've been invited for an interview, you must have submitted a strong application- therefore just relax and let your passion and knowledge for the subject shine through!

Good luck!
Ella
tande33
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thanks, that's good advice!
Loughborough Student Community
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by tande33)
Thanks, that's good advice!
You're welcome, glad it was helpful! Good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (113)
28.18%
No - I have already returned home (52)
12.97%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (80)
19.95%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (39)
9.73%
No - I live at home during term anyway (117)
29.18%

Watched Threads