DoSuavO
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hello am in year 10 at the moment and I want to start revising for GCSE so I have a decent chance of getting good results I am making a time table but am not too sure how long I should revise for

Any help would be appreciated thanks
joyceemx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by DoSuavO)
Hello am in year 10 at the moment and I want to start revising for GCSE so I have a decent chance of getting good results I am making a time table but am not too sure how long I should revise for

I wouldn't say you need a time table - that might just burn you out
I'd say make a list of topics you need to revise for a certain subject and go through those
tsukife
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
maybe up to 2 hours a night?
redmeercat
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you ain to do 1.5-2 hours of homework and revisio! Per night on weekdays, that would be more than enough for now! Maybe have a list of tasks you want to do if you don't have enough homework to make up the time, but if you have a lot of homework or are tired or have other commitments after school, don't stress - it's more important in year 10 that you understand the lessons, that you maybe read the BBC bitesize page of anything you don't understand, and that you make the most of free time before you have to revise for mocks from the beginning of next year. Honestly, understanding a topic will make it much easier to revise in the summer holidays (but only a little bit) and before exams, as you'll revise a little and it will hopefully come flooding back! So yeah, make sure you understand your lessons and revise a little for end of term tests, but you don't need a revision timetable yet!
joshiboy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by DoSuavO)

the guy in my class in year 10 who got 8A*s studied 4.5 hours in week days and 6.5 hours on weekends....
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (599)
33.88%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (738)
41.74%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (352)
19.91%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.47%

Watched Threads